GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 06:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: shore line reunion?  (Read 1764 times)
flyjay77
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 30, 2010, 09:40 PM »

I came across a old school kite day at shore line , is there any flyers on here that flew shoreline from 87-91? we use to have quite a group of flyers out there .

Jason.

Jason Pearson
Shorline Park Mt. View Ca.
1987-1990 pilot
flyjay77

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:07 PM »

oops, Shorline Park , Mt View CA. would like to hear your stories of flying there Grin

jason

Jason Pearson
1987-1990 pilot
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:43 PM »

Most of the regulars weren't there that far back. I didn't start flying at Shoreline until 2001 and left in 2005.

Vented AirFX by Ken McNeill
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:45 PM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:56 PM »

I flew my first two line kite at Shoreline in 1998. It was home field for a while and is again since Baylands was taken over by RC Plane folks.

Allen, AKA kitehead
flyjay77

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 11:00 PM »

back in the day we was able to fly in the grass at the sailing lake , on the weekends we would have to move to the back trail , still next to the sailing lake , it was rite off the bay , you could through a rock at it . the bunch of us would fly on Monday , Wed, and Fri, afternoons , than on the weekend. the big kite back than was the Renagade , 3/4 spin off , sometimes on the weekend we would have as many of 6-12 kites flying team just for fun . John Darroch , who was a Romome Enterprizes rep. had everythign and anythign for sail .
Shortly after they moved the stunt kite flying area to the front gate I quit going out ther to fly . The rengstorf house was out rite next to that on stilts . no shade out in in the midle of noplace than . sure its a bit nicer now but nothing like back in the day at the lake .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jason Pearson
1987-1990 pilot
david barnby
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:00 PM »

like allen - i started there in '98

flew there yesterday and would be real happy if we could get a reunion going

the monterey mob might even bring some of their sandy stuff and who knows - steve and chris might be coaxed down for the day

i saw dan whitney at san ramon and it felt almost possible to talk him into coming out to play again
flyjay77

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 08:09 PM »

the monterey mob might even bring some of their sandy stuff and who knows - steve and chris might be coaxed down for the day

The Shoreline park guys in the day would head out every now and then . Remember going to Monterey to the Hair of th Dog Kite event . than going to the kite store in town . We also all attended the grand opening of baylands park I think its called , on the old Land fill site in Menlo Park . will be out in June for a Family Reunionand thinking of bringing my bag of kites with me .

jason

Jason Pearson
1987-1990 pilot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum