GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Field?  (Read 2315 times)
Nitrobex
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 31, 2010, 09:25 PM »

Trying to get more involved rather than just flying by my self.  Found the website found when the club flies are... but it doesn't say where the home field is... Any one help me out? Cool

"No it is not out of control, I am making it do those flips and turns."
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 04:22 PM »

Your location?

Sent from my Android phone via Taptalk

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
Nitrobex

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:24 PM »

I am in Martinsburg WV, 25401 is the zip.

REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 05:09 AM »

Wings Over Washington kite club has a home field, the 1st Sunday of each month.  It is the "west side of the Washington Monument" downtown DC unless otherwise noted on the web-site.  wow kite club dot com ~ all one word.

No parking, significant traffic both vehicular and pedestrian, a vast assortment of security personnel, sprinklers that turn-on randomly, presidential helicopters requiring everything to be grounded, no liquid or food vendors, no stakes placed into the soil, bathrooms can be hit or miss depending on crowds and the time of day.

The reason we put up with all this crap is because there are always big crowds of spectators at the capitol mall.  I don't even want to fly without witnesses anymore!
Nitrobex

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 07:48 PM »

Thanks looked all over their site and couldn't find it apperantally I am blind ... well Sept is out wife has plans this weekend  Cry but there's always October maybe  Cool ill start begging the wife now  Cool

Nitrobex

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 07:44 PM »

Well I got a difinitive "maybe" out of the wife... if in October you see this guy with this kite at the wrong spot please drag me to the right spot.

REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 05:01 AM »

wowKITEclubDOTcom

come out and join us, two different events this weekend, AND it's October!
Victrinia Ridgeway

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 08:01 AM »

I hope you go and have a good time Walter.... just leave the Rev at home...  Cool

Vic

Flying the edge of the window and lovin' it...
Nitrobex

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 07:53 PM »

Didn't make it out the wife had problems  Cry  and no i have to bring the psychotic killer rev, maybe some one can show me how to control it.... Cool  defiantly bringing the pdsul, and with the enthusiasm I'm getting from the wife may have a mongoose by then.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document