GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 09:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: worst experience with kite purchase online ..  (Read 4483 times)
skabt
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 06, 2010, 06:53 AM »

recently i purchase 4 kite from a online site with worst experience i ever had ....

On 10/08/2010 : payment make.
28/08/2010: received the kite but 3 kite with missing part (missing spar, incompatible spar and just found out one kite with cracking spar). send email to seller but no response.
received late response after 12 hour with apology and reason for late reply (for me is excuse with proof) then tell me all part will send out on Monday (means two day later).

30/09/2008 : seller reply, he will get the part in 48 hour (2 day) time and will send it out immediately. then i reply him with my confirmation (again) on the particular part missing but receive no reply.

4/09/2010 (which is more then two day as he promise) still no news, so i send another email to check about the missing part and he reply this " They are on the way ", so i reply with question, it send by what ? when can i received and tracking number ? but not reply till now (6/09/2010) .....

Reason i get angry:
How a kite seller will miss all spreader ?
He told me he have no time to reply my email, cause he have other job and try to take some rest in the weekend, but he can reply new kite purchase/promotion thread and ignore SOLD item ..
He brake three promise.
He ignore and reply email with irresponsible way.
He don't feel this is his fault.

I try to accept, everyone make mistake, but pls provide better customer service and MARK your word, i don't spend money to buy a kite with out part and can't fly .....

onlye
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:04 AM »

recently i purchase 4 kite from a online site with worst experience i ever had ...

Was the purchase for new kites from an Online Kite Shop or used from an Individual seller?  (please don't give name)

As an individual seller I have screwed up and sent a kite with a part missing.  Three out of four does seem to be excessive.  Just recently packed and mailed a kite internationally only to find the bag I put extra parts in sitting on the counter, two days later.  The buyer was most gracious with my apology and explanation.

You are right, mistakes happen, but good communication and positive action can usually help overcome the mistake.

If the purchase was from a kite shop, shame on them and would not make any additional purchases there.  If the kites were new from a kite shop maybe some blame goes to the company that made them.

eric
forum member since 04/21/2001
and still can't fly like those darn videos
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:50 AM »

Yup, I screwed the pooch on this one.
My fault for not having checked the kites before shipping and for not responding in a more timely fashion.
The parts were ordered from the manufacturer the next business day (Monday August 30th). and were mailed the same day they arrived (Friday, Sept 3rd).

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Schook
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 09:57 AM »

I have not had a problem with GWTW, but have with other online sites (not kite related).  That is why I cringe when I have to order anything online.  But kiting is a pretty specialized hobby so I really can't find anything local, so I just grin and do my business online and hope for the best.   By the way, my wife shows horse and. Shopping online for supplies and clothing  makes kite purchases look like childs play.  There are some real crooks selling that stuff.

Jim

"The wise will listen; and the other wise will do otherwise"
bfranz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 10:40 AM »

Living in NM, the nearest real kite shop is probably 500 miles away so online is the only option. Swap meet sellers can be evaluated from feedback and my two trades have gone off without a hitch. It isn't foolproof but is definitely better than a blind transaction with no information. All but one of my orders with online dealers have been smooth. IMO, any business can have a bobble here and there. If the dealer makes a good faith effort to correct problems, I say they deserve credit, not blacklisting. It doesn't seem like a 12 hour delay in response to an email is anything to get your shorts in a knot over.
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 12:57 PM »

I hate to be a fatalist, but welcome to kite retail after the death of the local brick-and-mortar kite store Embarrassed  in the old days, you chose a kite you liked, the retailer either took it down and sold it to you or (in the case of more mass produced kites) got you a new in package one from in the back. Now, everything is delayed by e-mail, time zones, holidays, and the general slow pace of the mail. Sad, but it's what we have. I'm relatively lucky, as the closest physical kite stores are "only" a couple of hours away, in Los Angeles, but I still never go there just for kite shopping.

Be aware, some kite manufacturers are notorious for missing/mispackaged kites and cracked spars are something that happens more often than that. A good retailer (and Steve is one of the best) will take care of you like family, only just like family sometimes it takes a while to get back to you. Most online kite retailers have lives and other distractions, just like you and me. Only, they don't have a staff to manage e-business.

Glad (0r, I hope) everything is worked out. 
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 06:22 PM »

Yup, I screwed the pooch on this one.

I'll never hesitate to do business with someone who steps forward and makes that kind of public comment when something goes wrong. Kudos, Steve!

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
onlye
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 07:54 PM »

Yup, I screwed the pooch on this one. . .

I have to change my comment regarding if it was a kite shop.  Would absolutely chalk this up as a very rare occurrence with GWTW and buy from Steve again (and again).  I have been shopping with GWTW since the late 90's and have had very good experiences.  Have gotten great advice, fair prices and good service.  I am thankful to have GWTW to shop with and as a great supporter of kiting.

eric
forum member since 04/21/2001
and still can't fly like those darn videos
skabt

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:14 PM »

I say they deserve credit, not blacklisting. It doesn't seem like a 12 hour delay in response to an email is anything to get your shorts in a knot over.

12 hour delay is not a major issue, but ignoring to response, giving excuses, that is something really hard to accept .....
Get your fact right, this is not BLACKLISTING, i just telling my though.
BTW up till today, i still get nothing yet.

kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 12:59 AM »

sent Steve a email about 2 kites on Thursday, received a response within an hour, made the purchase, got a second email, conforming purchase and advised the kite would ship on Friday. I expect to receive tomorrow or Tuesday.

Had a similar experience working with Steve previously, I would not hesitate ordering again

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

skabt

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 12:41 AM »

Yes good response, credit should be given, responsible seller and bla bla bla ......

Finally received missing item here (today), guess what happen ? wrong part again, 12 hour of slow response is not main issue ( i piss of cause he don't treat it seriously), what i looking for is the COMMUNICATION between SELLER and BUYER to prevent MISTAKE  ....

Why it happen again ? simple, ego, ignorance and poor of communication (basically there is no communication after sale) ......

BTW i bought 7 kite here and is not my first purchase online .....

steve : just forget abt it, i source the part locally ....

For those who vote GOOD, ask ur self, if he not reply here, You still vote good ? use brain on the head not ass ....
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 04:11 AM »

Communication issue ? Maybe if your English was better, there would be less of an issue. Maybe you're having a hard time explaining what's wrong. I've bought enough stuff from Steve to know better.

By the way, Steve, I need some parts... LLE Ozone ? QPro spine ? ULE Fearless VL ? I don't know anyone else who's going to have this stuff, and have it to my door in 2-3 days ! I'll PM with my whole list...  Grin

~Rob.

inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 04:38 AM »

Finally received missing item here (today), guess what happen ? wrong part again, 12 hour of slow response is not main issue ( i piss of cause he don't treat it seriously), what i looking for is the COMMUNICATION between SELLER and BUYER to prevent MISTAKE  ....

The parts were ordered from the manufacturer the next business day (Monday August 30th). and were mailed the same day they arrived (Friday, Sept 3rd).

You told steve what was missing, he ordered it the next business day and mailed them the day they arrived what more is the guy supposed to do?
Steve mailed them on Sep 3rd, the time taken between then and now is down to the post office.

Now if its still the wrong part did either the manufacturer send the wrong spar or did you describe it incorrectly?

Stop being so confrontational; work with Steve to resolve the issue.

Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 04:55 AM »

Yes good response, credit should be given, responsible seller and bla bla bla ......

steve : just forget abt it, i source the part locally ....

For those who vote GOOD, ask ur self, if he not reply here, You still vote good ? use brain on the head not ass ....
Unfortunately you are preaching to the choir...............You won't get any sympathy here.................your very nature determines that you will lose this quest.............. Lips sealed

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 07:04 AM »

... send email to seller but no response.
received late response after 12 hour with apology and reason for late reply ...

... 12 hour of slow response is not main issue ( i piss of cause he don't treat it seriously) ...

Really? 12 hours is too long for an email reply? Oh I see you said it wasn't but you keep harping on it.

I don't know what you bought or how they were packaged but I'm pretty sure Chico Kites / GWTW did not remove the missing parts or substitute wrong parts. A retailer can make a quick examination before shipping but they should not completely unpack every kite and assemble it, that makes it a used kite not a factory fresh kite and many buyers would prefer to experience that first unroll for themselves. Your replacement had to be mailed to GWTW then repacked and mailed to you, the manufacturer isn't going to do all the customs paperwork on a few spars and stand in line at the post office for an hour and a half to get it stamped.

Steve did that for you even though the problem was no fault of his. His investment in time and effort for you has far exceeded any profit he made and still you feel you need to take a dump on his porch?

Angry   Angry

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change