GWTW Forum
August 29, 2014, 11:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A rare kite, the argentinian Proteus  (Read 1115 times)
ghfisanotti
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 06, 2010, 07:20 PM »

This is a kite most of us fly here in Buenos Aires, but will be a rare kite for most of you, northern hemisphere inhabitants, in this fine forum; I thought you may be interested in a different kite. It is manufactured by Alto Vuelo, a local kite shop, with top quality materials (Icarex PC31, Sky Shark frame, APA connectors, etc.) and lots of attention to detail, the result is a very versatile kite that most of us local pilots prefer over some other world-class imported kites. It is also a little bit cheaper than an equivalent-specs american or european kite. I own a couple of them, a STD and a custom built UL that you can watch in these videos:

Proteus UL - 7-aug-2010 (1)

ProteusUL - 7-aug-2010 (2)

Proteus UL - 9-jul-2010

Hope you like it.

Regards,

Gerardo.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:25 PM by ghfisanotti » Logged
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:47 PM »

What are those things in the 3rd video and how can you resist pasting on them

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Mr.Derrick

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:21 AM »

nice Spots + nice kites + nice flying + nice music = i enjoy watching.

The secens at first video, where you edite the two kites in one frame, give me the idea for a "pair flying with myself" video - thanks.

Have you think about differnet camera angles ? I think this could spend your movies a bit more "volts".

greetings from Berlin- Germany
Dirk
My Kite Picture Page: http://de.zooomr.com/photos/elduderino/sets/38621/
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36 AM »

As always, Gerardo, nice videos. I have to disagree about the camera angle... it's the only angle that makes sense to me, and actually helps me to learn from others who use the first person perspective. Even using this angle, I sometimes loose the kites orientation momentarily in videos. From the side or face-to-face with the pilot, forget it, I can't tell what's going on.

~Rob.

ghfisanotti

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:22 PM »

What are those things in the 3rd video and how can you resist pasting on them

That strange construction is a monument commemorating the millenium, that's why there are two "towers". And more than one kite ended its days on top of one of those towers. :-(

ghfisanotti

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 01:44 PM »

I have to disagree about the camera angle... it's the only angle that makes sense to me, and actually helps me to learn from others who use the first person perspective. Even using this angle, I sometimes loose the kites orientation momentarily in videos. From the side or face-to-face with the pilot, forget it, I can't tell what's going on.

~Rob.

I'm of the same opinion, although sometimes I like a video with a better close up view of the kite, you need a steady-handed camera assistant to do that, and that's not always available.
I also like the less distracting background provided by a tripod-mounted camera, this also has the side effect of a more compressible video with smaller files and a clearer image.
To get a clear image with a hand held camera, you need a good camera with image stabilization or better yet, some kind of steady-cam. On the opposite hand, you can get quite a decent image quality with a relatively cheap camera mounted on a tripod.

Gerardo.
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 02:09 PM »

Grin You got to luv guys like this... Really nice flying... enjoyed being in another part of the world with you... great music..a moment in time.
Who would of ever thought we'd be able to share like this...  Vertigo out!

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document