GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 11:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying Wing Kite Bag (What Fits?)  (Read 1656 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: February 27, 2010, 11:49 AM »

So we're compiling a list of kites that will/won't fit into the new FW Bag. I know the big kites like a Whangdoodle or Prophecy won't fit and the smaller kites like a Voodoo or STX 2.1 will easily fit. But what about the "full sized normal kites"?

Please help. Consider 63" the cutoff although the bottom of the bag has rounded corners and is more like 61". So measure a kite or two (in their sleeve) and let us know the number. I'll amend the list as people respond.

This should help people make the decision to buy or not.
By the way, the waterproof skin is a few inches bigger. I would buy that shell for those sandy and/or wet days

So far:

Fits:
Infinity
Quantum Pro
Widow Maker
Elixir
Deep Space
Talon

Doesn't Fit:
Cosmic TC
Fury
NSR
Mojo
Venom (guessing)
Tricktail
TOTL Hawaiian
TOTL Spin-off

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:01 AM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 01:38 PM »

Won't fit:
Tricktails
Top of the Line Hawiian
Top of the Line Spin-off

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
kiten00b
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 06:23 PM »

get a TKC Deluxe, it will fit just about anything with room to spare
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 06:56 PM »

Won't fit:
Tricktails
Top of the Line Hawiian
Top of the Line Spin-off

It does fit in my Prism roll up though!  Grin

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 03:35 PM »

Just to be fair to Flying Wings, all of the kites listed WILL fit easily in the bag if they are broken down to their normal shipping size.  The larger leading edge kites just won't fit if they are left to their full length and not broken down.

xuzme720

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 04:40 PM »

Just to be fair to Flying Wings, all of the kites listed WILL fit easily in the bag if they are broken down to their normal shipping size.  The larger leading edge kites just won't fit if they are left to their full length and not broken down.

So, would a fair question be: How many flyers break their kites down to shipping size? I know I never do.
Same here...only the Zephyr gets it's LE folded, and that's because of the case..

Asfink tersez wot....

Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 04:54 PM »

Me too, I prefer to leave all my kites full length. I do have the new FW Bag and it is way nice. Lucky enough - all the kites that I am carrying with me now all fit full length (some just barely).  My Mojo doesn't fit full length, but then again I don't really fly that kite very much and it is perfectly fine in my B bag.  I just wanted to make sure people knew that the bag fits most kites on the market today no problem - and if you did want the bag and did happen to have a kite or two that was a bit long, you can fold those ones down and be good to go.  I just thought the thread was a tiny bit misleading towards a lot of negative on an otherwise awesome bag.

I would like to put an idea to Bell and/or Edward to possibly make the next run of bags a tiny big longer....it only needs to be appx. 5-6 inches longer (appx. 15 cm).  Then everything should fit...except my Thors Hammer but that comes in its own bag anyways and always needs to be broken down anyways. LOL  My QP, Infinity's and Widow Makers all fit nicely so I am happy. Smiley  The Mojo misses it by 3 measly inches.

xuzme720

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 05:04 PM »

I understand what you mean. If I wasn't fully bagged up for the foreseeable future, I would be all over this puppy! But are a few more inches really necessary? I mean, unless you're rolling to the field in a SUV or truck, bigger is not always better...(I am in a truck, so I am thinking of others at this point) I am just saying, it seems that a hefty majority of kites fit easily without breaking down or sticking out the end of the bag (like my 3D in the zephyr case). Just my $0.02...

Asfink tersez wot....

flyjay77

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 07:57 PM »

the TOTL Spin off and Team kite will break down to half the size to fit in the top othe line kite bags for traveling . the sleeve on the old bags would fold in , and the leading edges of the spin off and team kite are 2 pieces , if you take the bungie off and break the leading edge down it will folt to like 30 - 36" its a pain in the but to do ?

Jason Pearson
Shorline Park Mt. View Ca.
1987-1990 pilot
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 06:34 PM »

So we're compiling a list of kites that will/won't fit into the new FW Bag. Consider 63" the cutoff although the bottom of the bag has rounded corners and is more like 61". So measure a kite or two (in their sleeve) and let us know the number. I'll amend the list as people respond.

My bagged Alpha + measures 62" from nose to wing tips.

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum