GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 06:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kite options....???  (Read 3644 times)
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 01:50 PM »

Thanks for all of your input on this! This forum is the best all your inputs are very helpfull... I now have another question for anyone who wants to take this a little further.. Wink   I have recently been watching alot of videos with the JoE Talon kites and love the way that they seem to fly... However I haven't had the chance to fly one myself... Sad

So what are the opinions of the Talon vs. the others that I had mentioned... I am now narrowing it down to;

The Ocius std. The Talon std. and the BMK Exile std.

and I would like a UL in one as well Huh So should I get the UL in the same kite as the others or should I get two different kites? One in std. and one in UL???

Wow, what a tough decision..

-Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
Will Sturdy
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 01:58 PM »

If you want variety in what you fly, get a UL of a different model. If you are interested in learning quickly, get the UL of the same model since that will generally be the most similar kite in terms of the inputs required.
Since you're still learning, I'd suggest a UL of the same model.
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 02:07 PM »

If you want variety in what you fly, get a UL of a different model. If you are interested in learning quickly, get the UL of the same model since that will generally be the most similar kite in terms of the inputs required.
Since you're still learning, I'd suggest a UL of the same model.
+1
And the Talon UL is one of the better kites available IMO.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 04:04 PM »

YES! BEST TWO BRANDS EVER!

You really need to get out more.  Wink

Denny

+1 Wink

The new Frank!
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 12:35 PM »

I am now narrowing it down to;

of course it's a personal preference, but having flown all three of those kites, my choice would easily be the talon. for me, no question about it.

Fdeli
Shane

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 12:43 PM »

I am now narrowing it down to;

of course it's a personal preference, but having flown all three of those kites, my choice would easily be the talon. for me, no question about it.

That is actually the one I am leaning towards the most after watching multiple videos. I just love the way it "seems" to fly.. I guess I will know in a few weeks!!!! Grin I will be ordering the UL tonight when I get home from JoE! Grin ... Now I just wonder what shipping and all will be from the UK... Oh well... I think it will be well worth it.. I can't wait Cry

Thanks for all the help from everyone!! you guys are amazing.

I am super excited.. although, I wish I had it for this weekend. I will be flying to Colorado on Saturday and the wife and her side of the family will be taking me to the top of some mountain or something to do some kiteing! Cheesy ... It's all good though. Might as well get some last usage out of the "Techno" before I get the Talon...

-Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 12:49 PM »

Congrats Shane!  I can't wait to see what colors you've picked out - many ways to go with that kite.  Smiley

6 kite tom
Shane

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 09:39 AM »

I think I'm going to do some assortment of Neon Yellow, Gold, and Black and Silver accents!!! Grin Should be pretty cool... at least IMO!!! Cheesy

I changed my mind on the color because by the time I had ordered it (today) I had spent WAY too much time on the colorizer....  So now it is a different color combo....  Wink  But I still think it's gonna be awesome. I can't wait to fly it and finally be able to make some progress in the tricking... The Techno just wasn't cutting it...  Cry

Anyway, thanks for all your guys help. Can't wait to get it so I can get a picture up here to see what everyone thinks. Smiley

Shane

Shane

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 01:19 PM »

Here she is!! Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document