GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 11:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hyperkite bridle  (Read 677 times)
glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: September 16, 2010, 01:08 PM »

We have a hyperkite 6-stack (GFAK, I think, circa 2005 or 2006) that suffered a pretty catastrophic flying line and bridle failure. As nearly as I can reconstruct, one line parted near the flying strap, and the bridle on the other side went to pieces, not all of which I seem to have. I'm having a lot of trouble reconstructing the thing. I took some pictures (I can post if that will help), but now that I've pulled it apart, I don't see how it went. I don't have "before" pictures.

The attachment points seem to be just below the nose on the center spine, on the spine about where a T might be if it had one (it doesn't), and at the lower spreader / leading edge connecters. I'm fairly sure, there were no bridle attachments at the upper spreader / leading edge connecters. It appears that there might be something more than a simple 3-point design, as there is a Prussic involved, and there are more pieces than would be necessary for that.

Does anybody have a diagram?

Thanks - Larry
kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:16 PM »

I pulled my 1980's version 6 stack out and snapped some pix

I measured the bridle and got this

loweredge to clip 12.5"
clip to nose 9"

center to clip (left side is attached to the right leading/top line): 6.75"
center to lower edge 13.75"
hope this helps

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 05:30 AM »

I pulled my 1980's version 6 stack out and snapped some pix

I measured the bridle and got this

loweredge to clip 12.5"
clip to nose 9"

center to clip (left side is attached to the right leading/top line): 6.75"
center to lower edge 13.75"
hope this helps

This helps A LOT! Thanks!  Mine is a little newer (solid plastic LE fittings, fiberglass (I think) spars, slightly different arrangement for the leader), but I think I can now see how the puzzle goes together.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document