GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 05:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whidbey island Kite Festival  (Read 1336 times)
johnguz76
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: September 19, 2010, 12:10 PM »

We will be there at some point but i was wondering about dogs.Wife wants to bring our German Shepherd but i;m unsure if thats allowed.Anyone know for sure.He is well behaved,and always under control.Cant find any info on the festival website.Fort Casey allows dogs but how about the parade area where the festival is??Would like to know so if we have to we can put him in boarding but i have to notify the kennel to see if they can take him..Who is going??

"GIVE ALL EXPECT NOTHING"
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 01:05 PM »

We took our dog one year and someone politely told my wife that dogs are not allowed.  I don't know if that is the official policy or not, but we no longer take our dog when we go.

6 kite tom
EBGB
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 01:46 PM »

Camp Casey (rather than Ft. Casey) is where the festival is held.
It's owned by Seattle Pacific University, and I think it's one of their rules.

The say "no pets" here: http://www.spu.edu/depts/casey/Reservations/whattobring.asp
But the context makes it unclear if they're talking about in the buildings or on the field.
I know some people don't go anymore because they can't bring their dogs.

A few sticks short of a full frame.
johnguz76
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 05:17 PM »

No dog it is thanks guys..

"GIVE ALL EXPECT NOTHING"
sbrown
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 10:01 AM »

There were a number of dogs at the Whidbey Island Kite Festival. Other than a bit of yapping between small dogs unfamiliar with other dogs, not an issue. They were kept on leashes and off the flying fields and weren't a problem.

Sent from my 6 year old laptop using Hunt'n'Peck.
EBGB
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 02:23 PM »

Agreed.
There didn't seem to be a problem for spectators or fun-fliers.

When we volunteered (scorekeeping, Chief Judge, etc), we were told "no dogs", but we snuck our little dog along anyway and kept her in the camper except for stealth potty trips.

Another volunteer, who also camped in the little camp ground behind the officer's housing, was told he couldn't bring his dogs to the festival, and couldn't leave them in the campground. He doesn't come anymore.

We have a big dog now, so stealth isn't an option, but we got no hassle at all. We didn't stay in the campground or volunteer for any of the big jobs this year though. 

A few sticks short of a full frame.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document