GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 12:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whidbey island Kite Festival  (Read 2880 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 08:56 PM »

The limits set for attaching images are:
Allowed formats: jpg. gif, png
Max size per image: 100 KB
Max images per post: 3
Max total image size per post: 200 KB (think that was your problem)
We recommend keeping the size of the image to no more than 640x480
We may remove attachments that are older than 60 days.

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Ang3lFir3
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 09:16 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome.... it is much appreciated....

strangely (ok maybe not so) I keep finding myself hoping that there will be a nice breeze each day when I get off work. I was wondering if anyone knew of some people we might be able to meet up with on the Kitsap Penninsula as we live in Bremerton, it would be great to get a chance to chat and learn from someone else. I find it's very helpful to understand what I am doing wrong from having someone who knows observe me.

I also currently work in Tacoma (for a few more weeks) and we make our way to kite henge from time to time... I know the RevGuild flys there but not sure when ... i actually found out about it from their site.

@Bill -- Now see that is just mean (jk Smiley Tongue )
sbrown
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 09:43 PM »

[snip]
I did however purchase what I believe to be Jerry Cannon's PKC Next SULT (which I believe was use by team CE in France circa 2004... really kewl!)  and got the chance to fly it for the first time today. WOW!!! in Winds averaging about 3-4mph with the low end being around 2mph it flew effortlessly. Tracking was amazing and I was flying super short 45' 50# lines. I actually managed to hold my first real fade with it and it easily turned into a gentle rising fade..... steady as a rock.
[snip]
A great SUL at a bargain price! I had my eye on it, but I've made a vow not to come back with more kites than I left with and didn't buy any kites until I sold some.

I ended up not buying any and coming home with 4 less kites.  Huh

Sent from my 6 year old laptop using Hunt'n'Peck.
Victrinia Ridgeway

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 09:58 PM »

The limits set for attaching images are:
Allowed formats: jpg. gif, png
Max size per image: 100 KB
Max images per post: 3
Max total image size per post: 200 KB (think that was your problem)
We recommend keeping the size of the image to no more than 640x480
We may remove attachments that are older than 60 days.

Thanks Steve! Does that pixel size recommendation include imbedded images? Smiley

Victrinia

Flying the edge of the window and lovin' it...
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 10:12 PM »

Those dimensions are merely a recommendation.  You can put up any "size" you wish as long as it is under the 100 kb limit.

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Victrinia Ridgeway

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 10:12 PM »

Trying more photos... Smiley (hmmm... After a few tries: It thinks my files are bigger than 100K when I post more than one... weird.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Victrinia Ridgeway

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 10:17 PM »

Time for imbedding... Wink

Enjoy... Smiley

Victrinia

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography