GWTW Forum
September 19, 2014, 07:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 GWTW Calendar "Call For Photos" CLOSED  (Read 882 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: September 23, 2010, 08:59 PM »

Photos received from:

Eolemag
Cisco
Coleen
Doug
Kurt
Mark
Jim
Bob

This will probably be the last year for me doing this. It takes about 40 hours total with all the photo prep, ballot prep, ballot counting, getting the photos ready for press, etc.
To that end, I will be putting in a lot less photos of my own and opening it up more to the constantly improving GWTW kite photographers.

The GWTW calendar will once again be a group effort.

1 The calendar is non-profit to anyone. All proceeds will go toward paying the Forum maintenance fees for GWTW.
2 Any member of the Forum is free to enter up to 7 photos (up from 6) (photos must have been taken by the Forum member) for inclusion on the ballot.
3 Photos submitted must be at least 1200(h)x1600(w) pixels without blowing them up in a processing program. If you want to help, submit your ballot pictures as thumbnails sized to 165(h)x220(w) pixels. You don't need to send the original unless your photo is chosen. The "official ballot" will be all submitted photos grouped on a single, downloadable picture with each entry shown as a 165(h)x220(w) thumbnail. Voters may look at the originals wherever they are stored, but all entries must be on the ballot to begin with.
4 Kites must be the dominant theme of each photo.
5 Submittals will start on the 28th of September.
6 Submittals will end on the 8th of October, noon Forum time.
7 Email your photos to me directly.
8 Print size of photos will be 1800(h)x2300(w) pixels full bleed with the center 1700x2200 pixels showing. So if you want to crop, that is the criteria.
9 Do NOT email photos before 28 September.
10 A ballot will be made for voting.
11 Each photographer and/or purchaser of one or more calendars gets to vote.
12 Your vote will count 1 time if you entered photos and once for each calendar you promise to buy. You will get to vote for up to 12 photos. Miss September will be a photo of Bambi or taken by Bambi with a kite that she will choose.
13 If you don't buy a calendar or submit photos, you don't get to vote.
14 If your picture is chosen, you will have your name and photo info on the picture. You will receive nothing beyond that. Nor will I for that matter.
15 Rules may be added, modified, deleted, whatever for any reason.
16 The Forum, in general, likes sport kites, water and sunsets.
17 Calendars will cost $5 more than Cafepress charges. In the past that has been $20.
18 As a tip of the hat to EOLE-MAG for allowing us to enter their contest, the top 3 winners from their contest will be included on our ballot.

Many Forum regulars (past and present) have had photos on these calendars: Bob Matteo, Dave Sabilino, Frazer Worley, Randy Greenway, etc. There have been dozens of excellent shots contributed.

Good luck. I hope to see lots of beautiful shots.

Here are the 13 pictures from last year's calendar:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:03 PM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 12:48 PM »

Entries end Friday.

So far, I only have the 3 entries from Eolemag.

I guess the recession has hit all aspects of life.

"Et tu, Bob?"

MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 04:52 PM »

Just got back late last night from a long weekend trip to my mom's for her 96th birthday on Sunday.  Grin  Good time was had by all (even with the inevitable ToDo list!).  Wink

Now trying to cram work, interviews and a few kite things - including some pics - in before I leave early Friday for LC then AKA.

I'll get something to you, John, but it might very well be last minute. Sorry.

Bob
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 09:45 PM »

Entries starting to come in.  Smiley

Pretty kites.

chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:41 PM »

Updated initial post with authors.

Photos received from:

Eolemag
Cisco
Coleen
Doug
Kurt
Mark
Jim
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:13 PM by chilese » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document