GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 06:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Losing Your Focus  (Read 5057 times)
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 04:57 PM »

the manta is a fantastic kite.

Fdeli
Dano

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 07:13 PM »

hmm, when I tried clicking www.focuskites.com, I got this:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
Huh

yup!
me too!
sugarbaker

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 09:17 PM »

Focus kites is at this time no more (hence the website being down).  Paul has some things up his sleeve, but they aren't for me to spread rumors (nothing set in stone that I know of). 
PauldeBakker
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 07:33 PM »

Hi guys,

Hunter and I worked really well together since we came up with Focus in 2006 but with me moving out of the NC area in 2010, things got really difficult to accomplish from a logistical perspective (read; we couldn't get kites to people anymore). We tried to have production secured via a third "made-in-the-US" party and that ultimately didn't work out, to put it mildly.

So, more than a year later, after (in addition to the geographical Focus challenges) a year of big challenge for me personally, we have "officially" stopped our cooperation. What practically already hadn't happened for a while was now confirmed; the original Focus set up has ceased to exist. Technically though, Focus is not gone. Hunter owns the sole rights to the name and if he chooses to continue, power to him! I hope he does. We both are proud of the kites we made and the things we achieved in only a few short years.

As for myself, as Stephen already said, there are some things in the works as far as former Focus designs are concerned and I am very active at the moment working on new stuff. After a VERY mediocre year from a personal and kiting perspective, I am stoked again, flying more often and working on new designs.

Not much more to tell at this point. Suffice it to say that, for what it's worth, I am actively working on getting former Focus kites produced and getting new designs on the market. Also, I will be putting more effort into getting new fliers into this crazy, great way to spend time as both from a commercial as well as an organizational perspective, I think we can use some new blood..

Paul
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 08:38 PM »

GLad to hear your not lost to the kiting world Paul.  I Borrow a fellow fliers Hydra when I can at our local fun fly and its a great kite.  THe prospects of new designs is intriguing.  HOpefully this will be a good new beginning for both you and HUnter.  Good luck to both of you.
Flash
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 09:08 PM »

Can't wait to place my orders!!! Are you doing custom orders?
Ca Ike

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 09:14 PM »

PAtience young padawan Tongue
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 05:36 AM »

Pah!!  Half the pain in life is waiting and patience is highly overrated!   Cheesy

ATB,
Sam
Ca Ike

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 11:27 AM »

Pah!!  Half the pain in life is waiting and patience is highly overrated!   Cheesy

ATB,
Sam
AH yes but good things come to those who wait.     AH who am i kidding. WAiting sucks.   Cheesy

Two new toys in the bag I waited 5 weeks for to show up at my door and here it is almost a month later and I'm still waiting on the wind to really play with em.  OH THE AAAGGGOOONNNYY!!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document