GWTW Forum
August 02, 2014, 01:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A great day with team Sixth Sense  (Read 1071 times)
Ang3lFir3
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 02, 2010, 07:09 PM »

Bill Rogers of team sixth sense invited my wife and I to come hang out with them and watch as they practiced today. The day started off quiet with very little wind. After about 30 mins of chatting the wind started to pic up and the guys set out to practice.

They started out with practicing their team precision , watching such an experienced team practice really puts some perspective on how graceful flying can be. Seeing that many kites in the air all moving together kind of reminds you of birds dancing in the sky.

Stopping for lunch we all sat and talked kites while eating sandwiches. The guys shared stories of kiting events and kindly answered technical questions about kiting and the nuances of different kite framing , etc.

Moving on to practice their ballet routine is really when the action started to get exciting. A beautiful routine and getting to see it over and over really helps you appreciate all the effort that is spent on timing. Not being able to hear the music that they were flying to didn't harm the experience at all, you can watch such a routine and imagine the intricacies of the music they are flying to.

Needless to say my wife took hundreds of pictures that I believe she will be sharing as soon as she gets a chance to go through them.

I also was tempted by Bill to pickup a BMK Mantis (the same one he had for sale at Whidbey). I got the chance to really fly it once the winds picked up and the team had finished their practice. What a great experience to get pointers while flying and trying to learn some basic tricks. Bill, Dan and Wayne all offered friendly advice and I could see my skills getting better as I followed their advice (their is no alternative to years of experience). Bill even took the lines for a few minutes and gave us a tricks show. It always exciting to see a kite you are flying in the hands of experienced pilots.

All in all a wonderful experience and one I hope to repeat often.

Thanks Team Sixth Sense and GOOD LUCK!!!
Victrinia Ridgeway

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 11:32 PM »

Hmmm... firing in bursts and singles I only took about 870... Here are some of my faves... and let me tell you, it was a trick sorting through it all. Smiley

Enjoy!

Victrinia

Flying the edge of the window and lovin' it...
Victrinia Ridgeway

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:37 PM »

hmmmm.... not sure why the photos look so crumby... If you want to see better res versions... go to my photobucket page.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/theladysabine/Kiting/6th%20Sense/

Be sure to click on the thumbnail and then click again on the image to enlarge it to full size.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:45 PM by Victrinia Ridgeway » Logged

WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 05:17 AM »

Some really nice frames here Victrinia, you should be pleased  Smiley

the 7th, the last, and 3rd from last are the ones that stand to my eye.

Now the black socks in the first frame... & not your bad mind you... but that's where the marketing dept just rest their foreheads in their hands and sigh  Wink

WinterDaze AoF
Bill Rogers
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 08:43 AM »

It was nice meeting you guys yesterday. Glad you liked the flying and glad the wind showed up Smiley  Very nice pics too. I have glass envy Smiley

Hope you enjoy the Mantis.

See ya,
Bill
Victrinia Ridgeway

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 09:36 AM »

Some really nice frames here Victrinia, you should be pleased  Smiley

the 7th, the last, and 3rd from last are the ones that stand to my eye.

Now the black socks in the first frame... & not your bad mind you... but that's where the marketing dept just rest their foreheads in their hands and sigh  Wink

Whatever Wayne may lack in sexy in that photo is made up for in spades by being a SMOKIN' HOT PILOT...lol  Cool

Your picks were some of my dearest faves also. And bless Bill's heart the last frame was only possible because he let me muscel in on his shoot where he was having Wayne fly passes for him. I posted the photos in sequence of the day... so they are not ranked in any way.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed them! This was the first time I've gotten to focus on shooting a team before... and it was a great time.

Victrinia

WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 05:39 PM »

Whatever Wayne may lack in sexy in that photo is made up for in spades by being a SMOKIN' HOT PILOT...lol  Cool

Grin Still doesn't change anything, but then again, they are Team pilots (Fire proof suit being don'd  Wink)

And bless Bill's heart the last frame was only possible because he let me muscel in on his shoot where he was having Wayne fly passes for him. Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed them! This was the first time I've gotten to focus on shooting a team before... and it was a great time.

Victrinia

Riding on the shoulder of a good shooter is a great way to get an idea of other potential shooting opportunities, particularly if they are happy for you to be there  Cool
Keep it up!
But just to be that pic editor from hell for you... Whats with the dust mots and hair, do you really want someone to steal an uncleaned shot of yours as a screen saver/wallpaper???  Wink Cos you know they will  Cheesy

Welcome to my world  Wink
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:50 PM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
Victrinia Ridgeway

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 06:30 PM »

Huh omg... I feel like I just went to the doctors and forgot to change my skivvies. lol

Actually I was so exhausted when I was processing through photos late last night... literally sifting through hundreds... that when it came to correcting levels and cropping on the 22 I picked... I actually only noticed it on one... and didn't even think to review the others.

Now that you mention it, I'll be sure to correct it on the set that Bill gets...lol so he'll thank you for that...

I'm usually pretty meticulous about it... so if there was a red faced smiley... I'd be using it as well.

Are you a professional?? You sound like it... and your eye is certainly good.  Undecided I'd call myself a decent amateur, except that I do get paid to do it... so that would make me a barely competent professional. lol I have entirely too many interests for my own good.  Cool

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

PS. Thanks for the welcome...  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document