GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 10:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism hypnotist - will I ever like it?  (Read 4915 times)
sealcove
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 04:30 AM »

The only adjustment I made on mine was to immediately slide the bridle knots to the upper limit (towards the nose).  I do plan to make the other small changes I mentioned, but I think that is about it.  I had been wondering about upgrading the frame before I flew it, but now that I know what it is about, I plan to leave the frame alone and accept that this is a tank for bit more breeze.  I purchased this to beat up on as I learned new tricks and for flying at some of my less kite friendly locations, but I enjoyed it so much it is going to live in my A bag for a while.

Give it more time when you have the chance.  Assuming that everything is setup well on it, it certainly has potential.  If not, selling it should be easy so you can move on to kites you enjoy.

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 10:18 AM »

There's been more than a few prism's to come out with bridles on upside down.  Just measure from the LE to the stopper knots at the pigtail and the shorter one should be the uphaul line.   Also the Hyp has 2 bridles in one.  Forgiving setting=3 point  Radical setting=turbo/dynamic  I don't have one but the one I flew one a few times and it was fun but needs at leas 6-7 mph to fly well.  7-10 grams added to the spine will help with turtles
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 01:04 PM »

It's official... bridle on my Hypnotist definitely on upside down.  after about 30 minutes, it is now in the proper orientation and I have replaced the leading edge tensioners with the much superior BMK method.  (also threw on some YoYo stoppers).

Now all I have to do is test it out.  I'm too excited, as the prospect of this thing working the way it should feels like I've got a new kite on my hands!

Was out at kite hill this morning to test fly my B'zar 2010... Maybe 2mph with a few gusts as high as 4 I'd imagine... B'zar framed in standard so I only flew it long enough to decide that it will be good with more adequate wind. Point of this paragraph -> probably not enough wind to test out my new Hypnotist settings today.

Thanks everyone for suggestions (especially Tom, CA Ike and others who suggested I check the bridle orientation).

sealcove

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 01:59 PM »

That is good news for sure; I hope you have a good test run with the bridle right side up.  Let us know what you find.

sealcove

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 07:04 AM »

I got rid of the bungee tip tensioners and took off the line clips and covers.  I don't think the latter has much impact other than a smidgen of weight, but more tension on the leading edges seemed to make the frame feel quite a bit less spongy.  I wonder though, if the light tension with the bungees was intentional for the shock absorbing frame?  Not an issue for my purposes, but if so a crash prone flier might want to hold off on that change or keep the tension light.

Anyway, I am a bit surprised how much I like the Hypnotist.  I had some other kites with me this morning, but I stuck with the Hypno as I was having loads of fun with it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change