GWTW Forum
September 17, 2014, 06:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turbo Bridle: Why  (Read 979 times)
elchiquitin
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 07, 2010, 04:33 PM »

After one year of hard practice, I have realized that a lot of people does not know anything about the difference  between 3 point bridle and turbo bridle. I am not talking about the difference in the picture, of course I they are different, but I have change some turbo to 3 points and the kite runs better for me, of course.

Sometimes the turbo has adventages, but I can not appreciate them.

¿ Who knows what was created for the turbo bridle?  ¿Why to use it instead a 3 points? ¿ Is it marketing or just the way to sell new kites with the new turbos bridle instead of 3 points?

Thanks for your answer

Pepe
Elchiquitin
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:37 PM by elchiquitin » Logged

Will Sturdy
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:17 PM »

It depends upon the kite and how the flier wants to fly it. I've made kites that flew terribly with a 3-point no matter how much tweaking I did, yet a turbo leg only a few centimeters long made it fly very nicely, even with the tow point in the same location relative to the sail. I have also made kites which really needed the 3-point.
It's just another variable. Some designs like it, some don't. Something like that is so kite dependent it's really difficult to generalize.
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:21 AM »

Some good reading:

http://wardley.org/kites/reckites/bridles/index.html

Some of the best info you will find on this subject is in rec.kites (still).

Ah.... the "good 'ol days!

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
elchiquitin
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 03:27 PM »

Thanks for your answer

Some good reading:

http://wardley.org/kites/reckites/bridles/index.html

Some of the best info you will find on this subject is in rec.kites (still).

Ah.... the "good 'ol days!

Thank you man! indeed very interesting explanation

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document