GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 06:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism Elixir Standoffs  (Read 697 times)
HVAC25000
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 13, 2010, 11:47 PM »

Hey guys. Are the inner and outer standoffs the same length on the Elixir? I've got 3, so far received one with 3 different length standoffs, one with only 2 (the longest and the shortest length), and the third I don't recall.

Thanks
Chris

If you live in San Diego and fly dual lines well, and you're possibly interested in teaching someone how to trick better, let me know!

WTB: Older Prisms
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:59 PM »

Regardless of how long they are, you should be able to slide the standoff connectors on the lower spreaders so that the sail is shaped in a taut fashion without bending the standoffs.

The outer standoffs control washout and can be angled so that they don't change the shape of the sail much at all. In that configuration, the Elixir will trick more easily but have worse precision (which was never a strong point of the Elixir anyway).  Smiley

Clickable Link:

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Svolazzo
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:52 AM »

I checked the Elixir field card and in the assembly section about standoffs they say that there are 6 of them, 2 long and 4 short. You have to clip the longer in the middle holes and the shorter in the outer and inner holes of the trailing edge. So you can easily suppose that the inner and outer standoffs are the same length. I have 3 Elixirs and actually it seems to me that standoffs are so however as soon as I'll go home I'll check and give you a confirmation.

Paolo
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:07 AM »

Elixir stand-offs are .110 fiberglass.  Inner and Outer - 7 1/8".  Middle - 9 3/4"

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
HVAC25000
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 06:01 PM »

Thanks very much, guys. And Chilese, great picture. Wish I had that one.

If you live in San Diego and fly dual lines well, and you're possibly interested in teaching someone how to trick better, let me know!

WTB: Older Prisms
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change