GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 03:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF17 - Learning to fly  (Read 2349 times)
Yan
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 23, 2010, 01:30 AM »

Virtual Freestyle Round 17 is about to start. All details will be on Fractured Axel. http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10501

We have an incredible prize for this round. Full details of prize and competition dates will be available tommorow evening. Please check out the FA forum prior to that tho' as there is a poll.

Yan

tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 12:10 PM »

Exciting!  I better charge up the camera!  Smiley

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:47 PM »

Patterson in x2!

I've been thinking, given that VF is now on its 17th grand round, perhaps it is time to start a facebook page for it?

-Tom

6 kite tom
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:38 PM »

Patterson in x2!
Trying to corner the market in mugs ?  Wink

I've been thinking, given that VF is now on its 17th grand round, perhaps it is time to start a facebook page for it?
17 is more of a MySpace or Bebo sort of age, isn't it ?

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
tpatter

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47 PM »

Trying to corner the market in mugs ?  Wink

I do have a cache of mugs!  In the interests of spreading them around a bit, if I win one this time, I will re-direct it to the 6th place competitor.

(which is how I got the last one if I recall).  Smiley

-Tom
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:00 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 11:03 PM »

if I win one this time, I will re-direct it to the 6th place competitor.
Very noble of you but I fear that if you do this and Bryan Beasley is not that 6th place finisher (most likely due to some oversight) then he will finally flip out completely.

He has taken part in all but the first two rounds of VF and finished 6th five timesHuh

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
jaydub

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 11:20 PM »

Yep.  If anybody deserves one it is Bryan, who has probably done more than anybody else in the UK to develop trick kiters (and kiting) in the UK over the last few years.

I'm in there for VF17 with a rushed last minute entry and it shows.  A bad flying day just got worse when the camera started rolling. Sad
bryan beasley

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 01:03 AM »

... and Bryan Beasley is not that 6th place finisher (most likely due to some oversight)...

Gone all wobbly with palpitations at the very thought. Every effort has been made. ;-)

Bryan

Kindly comments BTW Jon - thanks, there's others working harder though
Yan

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 02:03 PM »

Download link for all entry's and thread for discussion of VF17 is now here - http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10609. Wink

Yan

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 11:35 AM »

Check out the prize updates on FA ... http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10538&p=116676#p116676

There are a two pairs of two straps embroidered with 'VF 17', generously donated by the good folk of GWTW.

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 12:04 PM »

Grin

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Yan

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 11:56 AM »

All scores are now in and the results have been emailed out to the entrants. I will post the results on FA later this evening for everybody else.

Yan

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 02:06 AM »

Draw results video is
here.
Cheesy

Saber II Kite .......................... Gerado Fisanotti,
JoE/VF collaboration mug 1 .......Alexander Belov
Benson Hoodie........................Carlo DeRond
VF17 Finger Straps..................Tom Patterson
JoE/VF collaboration mug 2.......Anthony Eichele
VF17 Wrist Straps...................Marco Ou

Just want to say thanks to all who entered, I think this has been a good round.. =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

Big thanks again to all who provided prizes.... those VF17 straps look great Cool

From my point of view it's been great...ok, some of the admin stuff is dull, but I have exchanged emails will people from all over the world, brought flyers together and kept the VF spirit alive.

Next round will kick off some time in early January and will be supported by Sportkitedesign. I also really hope that we will have at least one pair of VF18 straps and some new VF mugs Cheesy

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 08:22 AM »

Congrats to all that entered, to the winners and to Yan for pulling off another successful round of Virtual Freestyle.

Tom, your straps are in the mail this afternoon and Marco's will be out the door as soon as I get a mailing address.

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
tpatter

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 12:24 PM »

Tom, your straps are in the mail this afternoon and Marco's will be out the door as soon as I get a mailing address.

Thanks Steve! I look forward to using them.

I will soon fly my VF Prism 4D with my new VF straps after having a nice cup of coffee in one of my various VF mugs some fine morning.  Smiley 

-Tom

6 kite tom
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography