GWTW Forum
November 24, 2014, 07:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone else make a regimen for themselves?  (Read 1650 times)
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: November 02, 2010, 05:21 PM »

I am at the point where i fly for about 15-20 minutes every morning before work....limited to UL kites because of this, but that is not bad....Getting some good time to "quiet my mind" before heading into the hectic fed building....(i have learned so fricken much about how the government works in the last two years...)...

anyone else forcing themselves to fly to make their life better?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 06:20 PM »

Hey T,

My application of kites as 'therapy' is more along the lines of the military's idea of sleep during war time, grab it where you can, you never know when you'll get your next opportunity.  Wink

Thief, I might be wrong here but...

I'm picturing you in your 'day wear'... 3 star general in uniform, flying a UL in the courtyard of the pentagon, actually now it's starting to sound a little like First Earth Battalion.

Don't worry, I understand you're not allowed to either confirm nor deny it, rules is rules after all...

Thief, sounds like a great start to the day Smiley

WinterDaze AoF
sbrown
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 07:00 PM »

I live a 15 minute bike ride from the best local flying spot and fly just about every half decent day.

There's no "forcing" to fly kites, though. It's just something that I like to do as often as possible.

Sent from my 6 year old laptop using Hunt'n'Peck.
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 09:09 PM »

I don't find me forcing myself to fly but I can say this... _everytime_ I get out and fly I always feel good afterward. Sometimes before flying I may feel that I don't know if I really want to but every time I do, I feel great afterward.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
lylenc

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 10:50 PM »

"Sometimes before flying I may feel that I don't know if I really want to but every time I do, I feel great afterward."

+1

However, it takes me a while after a beach trip to decide it's worth putting up with our inland winds. Once I'm reminded sucky wind is better than none, inland flying is fun again.

Goal this next year is to get better at Rev SUL, Skate, and Aerobe flying and give some of my B bag dualie kites more air time. I'll probably try them with more weights and work on yo-yos, too. May even take a stab at comete.  Shocked

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 03:33 AM »

Thief, I might be wrong here but...

I'm picturing you in your 'day wear'... 3 star general in uniform, flying a UL in the courtyard of the pentagon, actually now it's starting to sound a little like First Earth Battalion.

Don't worry, I understand you're not allowed to either confirm nor deny it, rules is rules after all...

Thief, sounds like a great start to the day Smiley

Nah...nothing that stringent for me....I work in the commercial fishing industry as a biologist for NOAA......mmmmm..cold fish.....

The guy who is in charge of the building will not even let me fly a single line kite near the building....he is afraid that the kite might break a window.....seriously...a Wala would break a "100mph window"Huh

I love getting out there and flying at least for 4 minutes....this does limit me to single lines because the dualies & quads would be too much of a hassle to set up and breakdown.....but those are good for afternoon flights....

WinterDaze

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 04:54 AM »

A little land sea and air, all in one day, there are worse mixes out there I'm sure.

It does look like you could do with a little Wasabi though...  Wink

WinterDaze AoF
stapp59
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 10:33 AM »

An hour at lunch and/or right after work each day as much as possible. Some days are better than others  Wink
Bob D

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 03:47 PM »

When the weather and wind is good, I like to take 30-45 minutes at lunch. The astro turf makes it warmer than any place else so 45 -50 degrees is okay.

Bob D.
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 04:13 PM »

A little land sea and air, all in one day, there are worse mixes out there I'm sure.
nah..that's atlantic pollock....GREAT for fish tacos....
today though I was working with Blue Fin Tuna and got to bring home super fresh head steaks....as i sliced them into medallions for later use i was slurping up all the trimmings!
about 14 seconds on a super hot griddle a bit of tamari and wasabi...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
oh yes..and that is even better after a day of flying!

WinterDaze

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 08:24 PM »

nah..that's atlantic pollock....GREAT for fish tacos....
today though I was working with Blue Fin Tuna and got to bring home super fresh head steaks....as i sliced them into medallions for later use i was slurping up all the trimmings!
about 14 seconds on a super hot griddle a bit of tamari and wasabi...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
oh yes..and that is even better after a day of flying!

OK OK you win... :tapout:  Wink

Thats it, I'm scrapping my coin together and heading down to the sushi shop  Tongue

WinterDaze AoF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum