GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 10:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spread Your Talon Wings  (Read 849 times)
JayDee
Trade Count: (0)

« on: November 07, 2010, 04:58 PM »

The best moments from three perfect days of flying, somewhere in California.  The Talon Vented is one great kite, and one day I will have the flying skills to do it justice.  Those vents make the Talon's graphics even more stunning.  Kris has perfectly captured the spirit, and Phelix made sure we would have him as a special guest once more.  Enjoy:

Spread Your Talon Wings

If you like the color scheme of the kite, note that its identical twin is currently available in the Fly It Now section at Jest of Eve (Click the ad on the right).  See this thread for the background of the story.  Briefly, I screwed up the ZIP code, USPS acted even more dense than normal, and Mark made me a new kite before the original was shipped back to him.  I can't believe nobody has picked this up yet  Shocked

Jan
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:36 AM by JayDee » Logged

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 05:48 PM »

Spectacular production ! Some nice flying clips, too. The wind's been like that here for the last few weeks... I have 4 vented kites on the repair pile now... Those waves are real kite munchers ! And the west coast seems to have bigger waves than we've been getting.

~Rob.

DonCrash

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 07:09 PM »

Nice flying. I should of drove down south today to have a bit calmer wind than SF Ocean Beach. But yes, that talon is beautiful; if I ever save up the money in time, maybe I will grab that other Talon vented if no one else has.

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
Mr.Derrick

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 12:01 AM »

Very Nice -  specially the shadow casts and tip stands at the cliff looks great.

greetings from Berlin- Germany
Dirk
My Kite Picture Page: http://de.zooomr.com/photos/elduderino/sets/38621/
JayDee

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:34 AM »

Spectacular production ! Some nice flying clips, too. The wind's been like that here for the last few weeks... I have 4 vented kites on the repair pile now... Those waves are real kite munchers ! And the west coast seems to have bigger waves than we've been getting.

You bet!  Those breakers are quite a bit bigger most days than anything I have seen the Atlantic do.  The Pacific Ocean is peaceful by name only.  Fortunately, I have only cracked standoffs most of the time when a kite was caught in the backwash -- short of that one time my good ol' E2 suffered seriously...

@DonCrash: Be glad you didn't drive south, as it would have rained heavily.  But go pick up that other Vented and let's meet in Pacifica or so for some pair flying Wink

@Kommissar: Glad you like it.  I am particularly fond of the sham tip stab, where the kite actually hovers 10 feet away from the cliff edge.  Kris did a great job at zooming out exactly the right moment Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:36 AM by JayDee » Logged

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change