GWTW Forum
September 22, 2014, 11:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new baby, the B'zar 2010  (Read 6804 times)
Svolazzo
Trade Count: (+20)

« on: November 16, 2010, 04:02 PM »

Here I'm with my last creation, the B'zar 2010 framed as STD. I made some changes at the original project making it all in icarex without the four mylar panels, just because I liked more in this pattern and also to save some weight. I also made a "custom" frame: LE in P2X (ULE) and P3X (LLE), spine and US in Structil 6mm, LS in 5PT, weight 20gr.
I haven't flown it yet because the weather is very bad and rainy  :'(  , hope some better in next week(s)....can't wait to fly it  Smiley
You can see some closeups of the building process besides the whole kite, hope you like them  Wink
I'm going to finish the UL in a few days, so be patient and you'll see it too  Grin

Paolo.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:46 PM by Svolazzo » Logged
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:32 PM »

AWESOME job!  Smiley

Looks great.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 07:17 PM »

+1
         and eager to know how it flies ...
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 07:45 PM »

Once again.. Nice work!

Smiley
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 07:56 PM »

That nose is an example of a simple design executed perfectly.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 08:52 PM »

it appears that we are building all of the same kites... I'm just now finishing my organics!  Your B'zar looks excellent.  Whats next on your to-do list?
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 01:41 AM »

Very good question! What is next on the to do list?
     Mike
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 05:29 AM »

I would think to  FLY  FLY  FLY  .......  Cheesy  Cheesy
Svolazzo

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 07:28 AM »

it appears that we are building all of the same kites... I'm just now finishing my organics!  Your B'zar looks excellent.  Whats next on your to-do list?

Yes maybe just because the Organic, Vortex and B'zar are the finest kite projects for free around the world, at least as I know. 

Very good question! What is next on the to do list?
     Mike

What else?.... good question, actually I don't know what I could build now, any suggestion on a good project? There is the Virus still by Mr Derefat, but it's a bit older compared with the Organic or Vortex. Worth it? I saw also the Fluid but watching some footages on youtube it seems to be a little "heavy" in flight, is there somebody who tested it, or any review out there?

I would think to  FLY  FLY  FLY  .......  Cheesy  Cheesy

Fly them.....it sounds like a great idea  Cheesy ......but you can still build by night and fly by day! Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Paolo.
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 09:14 AM »

have you considered designing your own kite at this point? 
Svolazzo

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 10:08 AM »

have you considered designing your own kite at this point? 

In truth the thought has passed into my mind, but I don't know if I would be able to start a project starting from a white sheet. I should also develope the design with a lot of testing samples. I think it will be going to be a very expansive and time consuming process, at least for now I give up. By the way I just read on a French forum that Mr Derefat is going to develope a new project for the next season, I'll keep tuned to see if and when he will show it and if he will share with us the new toy.
Paolo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:36 AM by Svolazzo » Logged
werner

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 10:49 AM »

Wow, outstanding building quality!!!  congratulations !!! I hope you will enjoy flying it. Please let me know if there are any questions on flying behaviour or bridle-tuning.
I am working already on the 2011 version but it is still in progress. I will keep you informed on this.
Svolazzo

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 02:43 AM »

Werner, getting such words from one of the fathers of the kite is a great gratification, thank you so much!
As soon as the weather will get better I'll fly it and let you know my impressions. I have already built a tunable bridle, starting from the original settings as standard but with the possibility to have a pure 3 legs, and a variable turbo into 3 positions till 5cm long.
Yesterday night I have finished the UL, as soon as I'll shot some pictures I'll post a new thread.
I'm looking forward to hear news from you about the 2011 version.
Paolo
positivo

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 02:48 AM »

Nice sewing with good attention to detail, you can be proud of your kite!
Now go out and fly it!   Wink

ps: just added a picture of your kite to Werners webpage
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:13 AM by positivo » Logged
werner

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 04:20 AM »

about the bridle, I think it is a good idea to play with those different possibilities. Normally the B'zar is a polyvalent kite that does every trick without losing too much precision. Changing the bridle configuration and setting will make it possible to tune this kite towards your own style of kiting. Did you see already on the website the activator line we added between the upperleg and innerleg? Its worth trying that one too!!
Let me know what you think about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document