GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 11:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new baby, the B'zar 2010  (Read 6551 times)
Svolazzo
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 07:44 AM »

Positivo, I saw the picture you added on the website, thank you so much!
Werner, yes I have seen the activator bridle and I'm planning to use it, but I would like to test the kite without it at first and then install the activator to see the difference. The harder thing now is to have some days without rain here, to get out and fly!  Sad  Cry
Paolo.
werner
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 06:41 AM »

Did you already had a chance of flying your B'zars? I'm anxious to know what you think about them
Svolazzo

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 08:03 AM »

Hi Werner, I posted some very, very first impressions in the UL thread some days ago, maybe you just miss them, however, no problem, here they are.
I flown only the STD a couple of times, the second time wind was a little high but not too much, I set the turbo to 5cm that seems to work better in my hands, however I'll test also the other settings. My very first impression is that it's very tricky but also precise, but needs sharper and firmer imputs to trick, compared with the two kites I usually fly, the NSE and K2, for instance passing from a fade to a turtle for a JL. I noticed also that it's very noisy,  but in truth I haven't passed the leech line. So, is it in your opinion better to add it (if I'll succeed in putting it through now) and tighten it a bit? If yes, tighten the trailng edge, w'ont lead the kite to lose something in trickability, precision or drive and to increase too much speed and pull? In a word, does it worth passing the leech line through?
Is in your opinion, this behaviour due to the differeces I made on sail (no mylar) and/or in the frame, or is it just due to me, having still to adjust my input to join its flying features?
About the UL I haven't still flown it: I haven't had suitable wind for it till now.
I bridled it as the STD before you posted new measurements, so for now I'll give it a go with that bridle just to see how it flies, then I'll tie a set of new bridle as you stated to have a comparison.
Definitely I have to test them further to get a more complete feeling.

Paolo
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:40 AM by Svolazzo » Logged
werner

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 12:07 AM »

I would suggest to put a leechline in the trailing edge. I experienced a big difference in some kites, I never flew a B'zar without one. However, the tension on the leechline is important, to tight will influence the trickability negatively. I always tension it just untill it is silent in straight forward flight and makes a little noise in sharp corners or fast spins.
I hope you can enjoy them a lot in 2011
Best wishes and happy new year
Svolazzo

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 03:54 AM »

Thanks Werner, and what about the differences I made in the sail and in the frame on the behavuior? Do you think I would swich to the original frameset or is mine (ULE P2X - LLE P3X, spine and US 6mm - LS 5PT) good enough?

My best whishes of Merry Christmas and happy 2011!

Paolo
Baws

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 07:14 AM »

I'm building a STD model in Red, White, Blue and I have a question. On Werner's web, site it states  "The weight at the tail sits completely inside the spine"  could someone elaborate(pics)?  Also in the picture of the bridle there seems too be a large knot at the turbo area, are there any more detailed pictures available?
Thanks, any help would be appreciated!

My Bag: JB Pro,EXP, Quantum Pro, Jump,  Xcel One,  2 ea Le Quartz, B'zar 10
cojack_2107

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 08:56 AM »

Basicly u could use a copper pipe in a size of 6mm.. glue it to the end nocks... or you could just use hex nuts just like Will use on his saber II.. its your own preference... its ur build anyway.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 12:03 PM »

Some people use Hinge Pins from doors hinges, any hardware will carry them, or used from your habitat store. Just cut them to length depending on the weight you want leaving the head on which will then act as the cap on your spine.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2010, 12:43 PM »

You can also use a bolt shaft - inserted inside the spine.

6 kite tom
werner

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 12:40 PM »

Paolo, I don't think the differences in the sail will be important, I see everything is very well build and looks real precise and nice. Your choice for the frame looks fine to me,  maybe this frame will add a few grams to the original one. So the difference with your UL will be bigger and that's good I think.
Most important is this leechline!

@tailweight: you can use brass rods or steel rods in a diameter of 6 mm wich can be glued into a splitnock
If you use a P-series as a spine, this will fit.

Svolazzo

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 03:18 PM »

Many thanks Werner, I'm going to pass the leechline and look forward to see the difference, then I'll let you know.

Paolo
cojack_2107

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 09:04 AM »

I have a question. I have built dual line kites twice, and both i used seatbelt webbing as the nose piece. Practically i hate using it as it is hard for me to sew on it. I ahd trouble on both my build. I would like to know what is the material used on the nose of a kitehouse kites and TNT's. Looks sleek and neat. Seems to be quite waterproof as well. will i be able to purchase it somewhere??
Baws

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 09:21 PM »

Thanks for the help! I made a weight system out of a brass rod from a toilet bowl float. with 2 cuts I have a 20g, 15g and 10g.

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]

My Bag: JB Pro,EXP, Quantum Pro, Jump,  Xcel One,  2 ea Le Quartz, B'zar 10
Svolazzo

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 05:48 AM »

I have a question. I have built dual line kites twice, and both i used seatbelt webbing as the nose piece. Practically i hate using it as it is hard for me to sew on it. I ahd trouble on both my build. I would like to know what is the material used on the nose of a kitehouse kites and TNT's. Looks sleek and neat. Seems to be quite waterproof as well. will i be able to purchase it somewhere??

I use this webbing from our gracious host's webshop  http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=261 It's strong enough to stand the stress but very easy to sew, never had a problem sewing it. Maybe you could also use some cordura cloth form a bags factory or cloths shop. Hope this help.

Paolo
cojack_2107

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 06:33 AM »

I use this webbing from our gracious host's webshop  http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=261 It's strong enough to stand the stress but very easy to sew, never had a problem sewing it. Maybe you could also use some cordura cloth form a bags factory or cloths shop. Hope this help.

Paolo

Thanks Paolo. Is it the same one you used on your B'zar build?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document