GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 10:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying in November...  (Read 1353 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: November 19, 2010, 07:12 AM »

Hey All,
I've been playing with camera angles and after-zoom (is that legal for VF ?(using zoom in the video editor ?)) in an effort to capture some video for VF17. I came up with a bunch of clips that were all too short before the kite left the frame, so going out this weekend, hoping to capture that perfect 90 seconds. Well, here's what I came up with last week, if you have time to watch, enjoy !

more Fearless VL November 2010...

~Rob.

tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:35 PM »

real cool flying ....  right on .....  Wink   Wink
RobB

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 05:08 AM »

real cool flying ....  right on .....  Wink   Wink
Thanks, Tempest. And thanks to anyone who's ever made & posted a video, whatever kind of flying I can do was learned from them...
And people's suggestions when I post mine...
~Rob.

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 11:57 AM »

Great flying there Rob.  Not sure if your doing it intentionally but the lazy susans to short side slides are cool.  I've been trying axel to side slide transitions myself and they look cool when you can axel and slide across the entire window then pop into a turtle for a lazy or two.  HOpefully in the next few weeks I can get some good solid footage in frame for my entry Cheesy
dragonfly
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 11:45 AM »

like the sound./...band of gypsies  Wink

:: a carbon framed out-of-body experience ::
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 12:40 PM »

very nice!  Smiley
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 01:34 PM »

Nice choice of music. Wink
RobB

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 06:18 PM »

Great flying there Rob.  Not sure if your doing it intentionally but the lazy susans to short side slides are cool.  I've been trying axel to side slide transitions myself and they look cool when you can axel and slide across the entire window then pop into a turtle for a lazy or two.  HOpefully in the next few weeks I can get some good solid footage in frame for my entry Cheesy
Hey CA...
Thanks... my flying has improved alot since I've been bringing the camera to the beach, it allows me to compare it to people's videos who can really fly, and figure out what I'm doing wrong. Also, people post suggestions and point out what I'm doing wrong (Huge help, as long as I remember it the next time I'm out...). When you fly alone, it's an invaluable tool.
Most of my slides are on purpose, it's one trick I think I've got down. Hope you get that footage you're looking for, I came up empty handed again this weekend...

like the sound./...band of gypsies  Wink
Nice choice of music. Wink

Just something that I might have been listening to while flying...  Cool

very nice!  Smiley
Thank you !

badcloud
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 08:37 PM »

Jimi Hendrix  - does it get any better?  Great flying in minimal wind
RobB

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 03:05 AM »

Jimi Hendrix  - does it get any better?  Great flying in minimal wind
Depends on your mood, but I find myself in the mood to listen to Jimi alot....

Thanks for liking the flying, and the wind was right around 10mph, +/- a few. I can trick this kite from a little under 5mph to 15mph+ and it's easy to keep up with. It took a long time to get used to, but I don't have a better all around trick kite than this one.

~Rob.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change