GWTW Forum
September 19, 2014, 11:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How I Met My Wife  (Read 6507 times)
Geoffrey Platt
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 04:07 AM »

What a beautiful story. I am sure she would be very proud. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Geoffrey Platt
Orlando, FL
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 04:59 AM »

Thank you Allan...

truely

Shannon

WinterDaze AoF
AhMayzon
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 09:04 PM »

Beautiful story Allen.
I was shocked to see this on Facebook, and am at a loss of what to say, other than you and your family have my deepest sympathy.

Donna
grasshopper
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2010, 08:28 AM »

Allen, even though we have never met, your beautiful love story has touched my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for you, your daughters, and Amy's family. May the Lord give you all strength and peace to get through the holidays and beyond. Know you have support from your kiting family here, as well.

Linda
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 06:51 PM »

Allen my friend,
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. When I saw this on facebook I called Shannon...
I don't have the words.
Take care buddy, we're all thinking of you.

Say Good Night Dick
cbs2010

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 07:35 PM »

Sorry for your loss Allen.

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

- Kahlil Gibran
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 07:44 PM »

As many have said, no words i can type will help.
Keeping you and the family in my prayers

Sine Metu!
rncembal
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 03:02 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had no clue that what started as a great story was heading where it ended. It also touches me about the salvation found in our kiting vocation. We forget the soothing aspect of simple flight. I will loft one for Amy and love.
Rob

Remember before buying on Amazon use this link to help Steve!
http://tinyurl.com/kkid20
kiteman
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 04:52 PM »

It reminds me of the movie Love Story. Allen, you a truly a lucky man to have had her for these years. I am very sorry for your loss. Keep on truckin, a good man like yourself will find someone else!

Don
david barnby
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 01:34 AM »

barnbys read your post this morning - we remembered the lovely email she sent to robbie

he picked up his guitar before rushing off to school :
From Robbie to Amy

lets fly one together soon Allen
RonG
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 09:27 AM »

Allen, I haven't been on the forum in a while but someone pointed me to this thread.  I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said here, but Steph and I both want to offer you our deepest condolences on your profound loss.  Our paths haven't crossed in a long time, but you're one of the nicest people we've met in kiting, and we hope for you the inner strength to get you through this.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 10:21 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words, good advice and support.

I've been trying to do as many "normal" things as possible during this crazy time, and yesterday I found myself posting on GWTW and BlueMoon. That may not be the best measure, but I am doing OK.

Thank you especially to Steve for making this a place I could feel comfortable making a very personal, way off topic post about Amy.

Thanks also to those who have sent cards.

As for David and Robbie, I'm just overwhelmed. Just beautiful. Deeep, deep thanks.

The back story is that maybe a couple of year's ago David's son Robbie started making videos of his guitar playing. Amy overheard one I was playing and asked about it. Soon she had seen all the videos and was asking me for David & Robbie's email address. She sent Robbie some enthusistic fan mail. A classic Amy story.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document