GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 07:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Welden  (Read 6091 times)
Jannie
Trade Count: (0)
« on: April 06, 2009, 04:31 PM »

I just got back from the hospital visiting John, he had his surgery, at least the first one on friday and considering what they did, he's doing incredibly well. He may not need the second surgery at all, waiting to find out.

I am reminded about the medical miracles that can happen, when I was his age, they probably wouldn't have even been able to accomplish what they have done with him.

His wife is standing vigil, being the monitor for everything going on, one incredible woman.

We'd had dinner the week before the surgery, had the best time and the food was so good. Making plans to fly kites this summer - can't wait.  Cheesy
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 05:29 PM »

Tell John the New Forum just isn't right without him.

Allen, AKA kitehead
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 05:35 PM »

Jannie,

Thanks for that, it sounds like he's got a good team of professionals, friends and family around him, and thats a real good start.

Pass on my best wishes to John (and his wife), never a good place to find yourself, but it's great to hear such positive feedback on his first round of 'the recovery process'.

And you're right Jannie, this science stuff is pretty dang cool, hard not to be amazed on a daily basis.

From my understanding he's got a pretty interesting head on his shoulders, it'd be a shame not to have it working on 'cool' stuff as soon as possible, so tell him to hurry up and get well  Wink

Regards,

Shannon

WinterDaze AoF
Gardner
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:46 PM »

I was wondering about John the other day and how he was.  Glad you posted the update on his condition.  I met John at the 2003 WSIKF; however I doubt that he remembers me.  He impressed me with his flying skills and put on an unforgetable show.

Tell John I pray for his recovery

Gardner
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 07:49 PM »

If Fred Astaire was a kiter, he'd be John Welden.

John and I compared scars once. He had more scars above his shoulders than I did on my whole body.

That lad has paid his dues. Let us all pray for his recovery.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
kitelover

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 09:01 AM »

Get well soon John, sounds like you have a good lady there.
Jannie
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:14 PM »

Woot, woot, I'm on my way to the fancy store to buy myself a couple bottles of designer beet to toast John, he had his colon removed last friday, he showed me the incision, they cut him from waaaay down there to waaaay up here and he was supposed to stay in the hospital until sometime between tomorrow and saturday.

Well he's on his way home right now with the additional knowledge that the biopsy came back from the tests on his liver which was supposed to be removed after he healed from the colon surgery and they found NO CANCER, therefore no more surgerty, this is fantastic, we have a date to go flying kites this summer, I got it right from hisself - WOOT!
Jannie
Gardner

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:19 PM »

Wonderful news!  I just wish there were fireworks smilies on this thing.

Gardner
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 06:50 PM »

Boy!
That is certainly great news!  Looks like our prayers are getting answered Grin

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
c2thew
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 07:59 PM »

have an awesome kite date  Wink  glad to hear a fellow kiter is doing well

Crandall
Weekend hobbyist
 (wish list) rev b series, white pyro delta the 20 foot model?

http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty5
http://tinyurl.com/KiteP6
http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty7
http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty9
KiteParty10 (coming soon)

My Kite Bag: http://tinyurl.com/795dn9g
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 08:50 PM »

News of medical results don't get much better than that! Suggest to him it might be a good time to grab a lotto ticket.    Cool Angry

WinterDaze AoF
Charly
Trade Count: (+23)

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 09:26 PM »

Jan,
  Thank you very much for keeping all of us up to date on John's progress.  It is wonderful to hear he is doing much better then expected.

Thanks
Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
JeffD

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 02:01 AM »

Good luck John.

Glad you have support.

Jannie
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 03:25 PM »

I am soooo sorry, I misunderstood an email, John is still in the hospital, I just came from there and we walked the halls together, it's tough but he's got great support and a wonderful attitude. I'm sure continued prayers and blessings are accepted.
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 03:27 PM »

Best wishes John.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum