GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 01:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robertshaw / Goff "Element" Review by Bryan Beasley  (Read 4547 times)
fworley
Trade Count: (0)
« on: April 06, 2009, 06:42 PM »

See here at the 'Clique.

Or http://www.kiteclique.com/?p=663

Thanks for an another excellent review Bryan Cheesy

-Frazer 
Adicakes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 07:02 PM »

Thankya.  Cool
kitebug
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:20 PM »

nice review thanks Smiley

Volando!
Cisco
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 01:26 AM »

Thanks for the review.

Jay
david barnby
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 10:56 PM »

cor - thanks for the review and link

great read
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 11:17 AM »

And my review originally posted to FA are is on KiteClique too. [SET GWB = OFF]

Mike.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:26 PM by zippy8 » Logged

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 08:39 PM »

Yes, it's a grand kite.  Wink

Good reviews.

Thanks.

It would be nice if the price was not quite so stratospheric.

Any chance this will become a std production kite at any point?

It would be a shame if it came and went with just the Fifty.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:25 PM by JimB » Logged
zippy8

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 09:23 PM »

It would be nice if the price was not quite so stratospheric.
Weeeelllll..... yes, but isn't that something of a universal truth ? A Bugatti Veyron would be perfect for the school run if.... etc, etc.  Wink

Any chance this will become a std production kite at any point? It would be a shame if it came and went with just the Fifty.
Not that I've heard of. It is a very niche kite within a niche market itself. Whilst I think there's probably more than 50 people who'd enjoy flying one I'm less convinced that there is many more than 50 who would buy one.

Mike.

corrected (my) spelling.. jwb
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:27 PM by JimB » Logged

Beachbum
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 09:43 PM »

Do you think they will at least allow an option for special ordering?
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 09:47 PM »

Well, Yes and No.

When the price gets that high it intrudes somewhat on the flying experience IMO.

As with the Ghost, so with the Element; there are times where I will just take it easy where, with a DS or such like, there would be no second thoughts.

Not that the DS is especially cheap per se.. waiting patiently (mostly) for my DSUL and also for my first broken lower spreader on the Element..  Huh

Just to add: kites like these end up being du jour in my bag, not work horses like the DS.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:50 PM by JimB » Logged
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 09:55 AM »

How much are we talking here?

I can see the cost of replacements nagging me, I'd rather not buy a $40 spreader, but I can't see the over all cost of a kite effecting the way I fly it. If it's a normally durable kite. A DS or an Exile can take an awful lot of abouse, but I'd think a Robertshaw kite would be similarly built. If the sail is fragile, and hard to repair, then that's different. I've yet to ruin a sail. The rest is just patches and parts. Doesn't effect the enjoyment of the kite.

Allen, AKA kitehead
zippy8

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 11:06 AM »

List(ed) at 265 whereas a fully Aerostuff Fury .85 of similar size/complexity is 240. Replacement LSs go for 18.50 (that's $435, $395 and $30).

The cost of entry is pretty steep and a little difficult to logically explain. It's nicely put together and has the nice bits but there is definitely a premium for this kite. Whether or not it's worth it is for the individual to decide.

Mike.

Videocat

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 07:34 AM »

I can see the cost of replacements nagging me, I'd rather not buy a $40 spreader, but I can't see the over all cost of a kite effecting the way I fly it. If it's a normally durable kite. A DS or an Exile can take an awful lot of abouse, but I'd think a Robertshaw kite would be similarly built. If the sail is fragile, and hard to repair, then that's different. I've yet to ruin a sail. The rest is just patches and parts. Doesn't effect the enjoyment of the kite.

Allen, I have one you are welcome to check it out and put it through it's paces. It's a nicely made kite and does a lot of fun stuff. BASKL is having it's BBQ on the 26th of this month come join us bring the family we would all love to see you!
Tracy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum