GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 03:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is on your x-mass list?  (Read 3960 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:36 PM »

My 2 back teeth.  Grin

Clever.  Cheesy

Allen, AKA kitehead
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 12:01 PM »

A Premier RC Eagle Cool

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 02:58 PM »

A Premier RC Eagle Cool

Spendy, but awesome.....

Can easily see that being a crowd pleaser.

Eagle at Inter-Ex 2010

The RC Eagle's debut indoor flight

ATB,
Sam
Kantaxel

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47 PM »

Thanks for the vids Sam......I was a little surprised at how much noise the motor made, but I still want Santa to bring me one........ Shocked

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
indigo_wolf

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 04:00 PM »

The motor will be drowned out by the sound of little kids squealing.... more so, if you can rig it for candy drops.  Cheesy

ATB,
Sam
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 04:16 PM »

A Premier RC Eagle Cool

Spendy, but awesome.....

Can easily see that being a crowd pleaser.

ATB,
Sam

Ok show of hands of people that HAD to know what that costs after seeing those vids?

Ok now show of hands of people doing " kite math" and comparing prices?
you know kite math; How many kites could i get for that same kinda money?

and finally of hands of those that are telling yourselves; "Just pretend you didnt see it"

"Aww but come on Santa, It's black like coal, doesnt that count?"

Yes virginia, I want a miracle for christmas Wink
.....now i'm going to go pout

It is a very cool bird!!

Sine Metu!
indigo_wolf

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 04:29 PM »

Ok show of hands of people that HAD to know what that costs after seeing those vids?

Ok now show of hands of people doing " kite math" and comparing prices?
you know kite math; How many kites could i get for that same kinda money?

and finally of hands of those that are telling yourselves; "Just pretend you didnt see it"

"Aww but come on Santa, It's black like coal, doesnt that count?"

Yes virginia, I want a miracle for christmas Wink
.....now i'm going to go pout

It is a very cool bird!!

Firstly.... thanks.   That was hilarious.  Cheesy

The only think I can offer is that in relative terms, the Eagle might be a bargain.  Huh  Roll Eyes

ATB,
Sam
Ang3lFir3
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 11:40 PM »

great now I want to fly a pyramid racer (and i know that will make me want one..)

n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 10:51 AM »

Thor Hammer.... Fly Surfer speed deluxe 16m... LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 05:04 PM »

HoHoHo  Cheesy

But you got it all backwards... Cool

I asked Santa if there was some way he could help me fly a trick that I have been struggling with for far too long, that being the Cascade. I really did, although Santa did get a little nervous when I attempted to sit on his knees.

As I have done on many occasions before, this afternoon I headed down to the park with my trusty old Gemini determined to fly the Cascade. What I was not expecting was that Santa, being true to his word, sent a couple of helpers in the form of Shannon and Adrian. Shannon took the Gemini for a fly first to get a feel for it, then handed the lines back to me. With Santas helper at my side telling me to 'pull now','move your feet','take up the slack'... it started to happen  Smiley

Then, just to add some icing sugar to the afternoon, Adrian let me fly the SKD Mohawk XS and after some coaching Adrian had me flying the Cascade on the Mohawk XS as well. I was really surprised at how easy the Mohawk XS is to fly.

Thank you Santa, Shannon and Adrian for a great Christmas present and a memorable afternoon.

You see, I 'd asked Santa to send me a crotchety old man that I could shout and yell orders at and make him dance like a marionette puppet all while it drizzled with rain...

It was my Xmas wish being granted silly  Wink

WinterDaze AoF
Ace
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 05:17 PM »

OK now I'm jealous!
There was flying to be had in Melbourne Shocked Shocked Shocked
My Xmas wish is to be able to fly in less than 25 mph and without getting soaked.
Forget the new kites, just sane conditions would be nice.

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 07:36 PM »

I asked Santa if there was some way he could help me fly a trick that I have been struggling with for far too long, that being the Cascade. I really did, although Santa did get a little nervous when I attempted to sit on his knees.

As I have done on many occasions before, this afternoon I headed down to the park with my trusty old Gemini determined to fly the Cascade. What I was not expecting was that Santa, being true to his word, sent a couple of helpers in the form of Shannon and Adrian. Shannon took the Gemini for a fly first to get a feel for it, then handed the lines back to me. With Santas helper at my side telling me to 'pull now','move your feet','take up the slack'... it started to happen  Smiley

Then, just to add some icing sugar to the afternoon, Adrian let me fly the SKD Mohawk XS and after some coaching Adrian had me flying the Cascade on the Mohawk XS as well. I was really surprised at how easy the Mohawk XS is to fly.

Thank you Santa, Shannon and Adrian for a great Christmas present and a memorable afternoon.

can you share your santa mobile number? coz i ask my santa to allowed me to do comete and he said... no no.. because i cant do that...  he even didnt know dual line sportkite... ouch... huhuhuhu... my santa too old fashion.... hiks...
 Huh Huh Cry Cry Cheesy Cheesy
Stardragon

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 11:17 PM »

The RC Eagle is really cool but I would like a job in the field I studied for (Rad Tech) and graduated from 14 months ago.

Ron
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 03:30 AM »

Ron,

Lets play a little game... Apparently I"ve Santa'd one person and one family this year, and trust me, I 'm the last guy to play a 'deliverer of good news' roll, but who knows, good things come in three's they say....

So I send to you my third Santa deed...

No promises though, I'm making it up as I go Wink, but good wishes cost far less than they they are worth.

Merry Christmas Smiley

Jeeez I sound like a &%#*er sometimes Wink
And slightly impressed with the auto'edit' feature
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:36 AM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
Stardragon

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 03:08 AM »

Ron,

Lets play a little game... Apparently I"ve Santa'd one person and one family this year, and trust me, I 'm the last guy to play a 'deliverer of good news' roll, but who knows, good things come in three's they say....

So I send to you my third Santa deed...

No promises though, I'm making it up as I go Wink, but good wishes cost far less than they they are worth.

Merry Christmas Smiley

Jeeez I sound like a &%#*er sometimes Wink
And slightly impressed with the auto'edit' feature

Thank you!  I'm a big believer in energy and will take all of the positivity I can get back to a good balance.  It's funny how thoughts like this happen spontaneously.  Sam, my 13 year old, also put "a good job for dad taking x-rays" on his Christmas list.

Ron
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document