GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: China Airplane glider's fun  (Read 2332 times)
luanbiqiqi
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 08, 2010, 04:07 PM »

thorstricks.wmv

Hope you all like it  Wink  airplane glider, two different types
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:44 PM by luanbiqiqi » Logged

We Fun Kite
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 05:13 PM »

Looks like a bit of fun   Cool

WinterDaze AoF
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:14 PM »

not as easy as it looks, he is a master flyer  Grin

"Do what you like"
luanbiqiqi

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:07 PM »

not as easy as it looks, he is a master flyer  Grin

Cheesy Grin

We Fun Kite
bt
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 08:23 PM »

Cool stuff!!!
Your winder looks quite interesting..... Could you please share some info on/about it?
Thanks,
bt
luanbiqiqi

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 09:35 PM »

Cool stuff!!!
Your winder looks quite interesting..... Could you please share some info on/about it?
Thanks,
bt

aha...u mean kite handle wheel? It is for traditional kites and also regarded as a kind of wood collection. Price even varies a lot depending on the handy skills and sculptures.

China glider kites use this handle since kiters can loose or reel up the line easily and quickly   Grin

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Fun-Kite/164629040234088?v=photos#!/album.php?aid=48804&id=164629040234088
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 11:28 PM by luanbiqiqi » Logged

We Fun Kite
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 12:16 AM »

Totally cool, I want one (or 2)! Does the biplane have a working elevator for inverted flight? Kinda reminds me of hand tow gliders but without line detachment.

Does anyone remember control line model planes with glow engines, wire lines and handle? I think there was a control line plane with no engine that you swung around in a circle that had a working elevator.

BTW, Steve shipped out the Paper Airplane kite today. I am going to try to turn it into medium wind glider kite.

Someday I'm going to buy one of those $4 foam toy gliders, add some nose weight and line and see what happens:)
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 04:28 AM »

Reading the description on youtube this is a derivation of a Panying....the traditional eagle gliding kites that you can see also in the video....very cool...
i would love to try one out!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 08:00 AM »

Totally cool, I want one (or 2)! Does the biplane have a working elevator for inverted flight? Kinda reminds me of hand tow gliders but without line detachment.

Does anyone remember control line model planes with glow engines, wire lines and handle? I think there was a control line plane with no engine that you swung around in a circle that had a working elevator.

BTW, Steve shipped out the Paper Airplane kite today. I am going to try to turn it into medium wind glider kite.

Someday I'm going to buy one of those $4 foam toy gliders, add some nose weight and line and see what happens:)

Is it the U control model plane? if yes.... that's really old school.... i like it... hihihihi but too noisy glow engine...
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 08:47 AM »

I used to fly those planes as a kid. The local park had an "airport" set up with 4 different rings for flying. Loads of fun, but get dizzy when flying the speed planes. Was thinking of doing it again someday,

"Do what you like"
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 09:18 AM »

David Gomberg used to import several flavors of those winders back in 2006.  If you type winders site:gombergkites.com into Google's search box, it's the first hit (at least as of 5 minutes ago  Wink ).

ATB,
Sam
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 12:15 AM »

Here's some more pictures of glider plane kites and also some gorgeous bird glider kites.
Birds: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=48876&id=164629040234088

Planes:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=49359&id=164629040234088
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 01:11 AM »

Amazing detail on #22 in the Birds album.

ATB,
Sam
luanbiqiqi

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 01:58 AM »

Mr. Tu flying Plane glider.flv

We Fun Kite
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document