GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 03:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Closet Limbo  (Read 1245 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: December 12, 2010, 07:35 AM »

Most of us keep our kites in a closet(s) where they hibernate, patiently waiting for another chance to feel the sun. The kites will often talk to each other while we're asleep, making suggestions, giving advice.

And, for the most part, kites seem to get better when they awaken. Some will say it is the pilot who gets better. Perhaps, but I've always felt the kites themselves have a bit of life in them and grow up if properly cared for.

So, if you can, during the final 2 weeks of the year and perhaps even into January.... pull out one of your long time sleepers and see what it's learned.

In honor of Mr. Hall, I think my TrickTail UL will be coming out to play. Mine is the light blue one standing near the lower left of this group shot from 2002.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:04 AM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 07:47 AM »

Have you hugged a kite today? Cheesy

Sine Metu!
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 10:04 AM »

and bathed and dried them, and put them in their bags for next year. Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:41 AM »

None of my kites are in the closet.

Not even the rainbow ones.

they all live in the garage

Allen, AKA kitehead
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 12:30 PM »

All of my kites are out of the closet! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 04:50 PM »

Mine are in the garage too.....hot in summer, freezing in winter.
 Outdoor toys Smiley

"Do what you like"
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 06:27 PM »

Mine are in the garage too.....hot in summer, freezing in winter.
 Outdoor toys Smiley

Oh the humanity, how can you mean men leave the kites alone and cold in the garage, have you no feelings, have you no heart, all by themselves with no time to be cuddle and held?? Cry Cry Cry

Please contribute now to the kite abuse fund, just a dollar a day can give kites like these a loving home with someplace warm to sleep at night. Some place warm where they can romp and play. Only you can stop kite abuse in our time

/cue montage of abused kites and soft pleading music...

Cheesy

Sine Metu!
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 07:02 PM »

Chilese must have a walk-in for his kites. I have less than half the number he has and there's no closet in the house big enough to hold 'em.

Allen, AKA kitehead
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 05:34 AM »

and bathed and dried them, and put them in their bags for next year. Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

with snow storms passing every week, and temperatures dipping  ( today , -12C , wind chill -23C )  ...........  too cold for me brrrrrrrr.
and Christmas just around the corner, time to go shopping for gifts.
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 06:52 AM »

Our collection outgrew the closet a few years ago too, now in the garage. I'm not real happy with that what with the heat we get in the summer but then I've been known to leave them in the car and that is much hotter.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document