GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 01:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 4902 times)
kiteclique
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 09:52 AM »

The Exile is the most forgiving kite in my bag.

-Frazer
stapp59
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 12:54 PM »

BoT, Outerspace, Gemini, Exile, Mongoose, Opium, Frenezy, Eclipse

+1 on the BMKs, one reason I like them so much.  Just don't equate forgiving, easy and fun to fly with less than capable performance.  Grin

Would the SL7 be on the most unforgiving side of the spectrum?  Tongue
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 01:13 PM »

Would the SL7 be on the most unforgiving side of the spectrum?  Tongue

Going back to a SL7 after flying kites like the Nirvana it doesn't feel that weird anymore. In fact it is quite tolerant of sloppy inputs.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 01:48 PM »

I would say that the SL7 is not exactly forgiving....it MIGHT not do anything like you expect it to!!! I would be flying along and then it would do its circular paper airplane impersonation!
I imagine that if you put more time in on tit flying wise and tuning wise than you can learn more about what to expect.....i never did.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 05:36 PM »

I would say that the SL7 is not exactly forgiving....it MIGHT not do anything like you expect it to!!! I would be flying along and then it would do its circular paper airplane impersonation!
I imagine that if you put more time in on tit flying wise and tuning wise than you can learn more about what to expect.....i never did.....

No forgiving would not be the word i would use with the sl7, unexpected would suit it better or strong willed to do what IT wanted. I had 2, i was convinced that i had gotten to be a better flier and would appreciate it better on the second one, nope. I felt for time invested in flying it i could be flying something that LISTENED to what i told it.

And yes i didn't miss it from Thief's post.....   insert "tit flying wise" joke here

Sine Metu!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 05:42 PM »

and a little more on topic...forgiving kites seem somewhat wind dependant; in smooth wind alot of kites are forgiving.  Plus the more you fly a kite the more forgiving it becomes. Like the deepsace std and ul

Sine Metu!
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 06:07 PM »

vendetta for sure!
Craig

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 03:44 AM »

The Akuji, no matter how bad my inputs the kite looked great  Cool
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 07:38 AM »

Transfer, both XTr and XTs.  Big, slow, predictable.
John Welden

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 09:09 AM »

No contest.

Prism Alien.  Wave your arms around and it does stuff.
kitelover

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 04:30 PM »

OK then...Flexifoil Psycho...same results. One more for the Gemini and Silver Fox Also.
stapp59
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 11:08 AM »

This thread has been interesting to me for sure. I have an Exile, WM, and a DS in my bag, but for ME the Silver Fox is the most forgiving of the bunch. Just another thread that proves how different everything is to each flyer. I am glad I have about 1/3rd of the most forgiving kites that were mentioned, because I NEED them. Thanks to all.

Do we fly some kites more because they are more forgiving to our inputs or do they seem more forgiving because we fly them more and know them best? Probably a combination....
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 05:40 PM »

No mention of the Sea Devil. I did a lot of learning on my Sea Devils, they're nuetral handling, and I think forgiving of slop. I had some good learning on the Exiles, also, and the Four Winds Nebulas were easy to fly, too.
The QPro on the other hand is one of the least forgiving kites that I have.
~Rob.

n893

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2010, 05:26 AM »

No mention of the Sea Devil. I did a lot of learning on my Sea Devils, they're nuetral handling, and I think forgiving of slop. I had some good learning on the Exiles, also, and the Four Winds Nebulas were easy to fly, too.
The QPro on the other hand is one of the least forgiving kites that I have.
~Rob.

nebula were too easy to trick... and too forgiving... sometimes make improvement alot... but the pilot will be too spoiled with nebula... sometimes they get shocked when change to other kite... (happend to me LOL)
n893

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2010, 06:50 AM »

Maybe FW Soul... i share you my twisted wicked version of Soul... all mylar soul... lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change