GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 01:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginer question  (Read 2807 times)
Windman
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 18, 2010, 09:45 PM »

Hi guys,

Could anyone help me please by advising me which kite is the idial kite for a beginer.
Someone told me about Hipnostist (something like that), is it a good one to start with, is that possible to get second hand one, where can I buy it and what are the costs?

Cheers Smiley,
windy
fredsunbay

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 10:14 PM »

Hi there,

I started with a Hypnotist, think it's a good choice. Build a bit more tough therefore perfect for learning. you will sooner or later crash, the Hypnotist is build strong and is very forgiving. You can buy a new one including lines for around $150. It will allow you to learn some of the basic stuff which is needed to advance, snap stall, side slide, back flip . . . . or just simply learn to control a kite and keep it in the sky. Hope this helps . . . .

Fred
lostkiteman
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 06:34 AM »

The Premier Nighthawk is forgiving and allows you to grow into the slack line stunts later  too...  A boy in the my nieghborhood flew a few of mine and his dad got him one for Christmas last year and he can do amazing things with it now.   Oh, and lots of beatings before he figured out how to fly it...  Wink
n893
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 07:30 AM »

i think if you wanna move to slack line trick flyer... a silver fox 2.5 or insync will be a good investment to start... both of them quite crash proff... hehehe...
 Grin Grin Grin
rxburner
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 08:53 AM »

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=4515.msg41041#new

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 10:49 AM »

For a Beginner, it's probably best to pick a full size kite, or close to it. Just my opinion.
That being said....

The Zephyr deal posted above in insane! Deff look into that.
The Freestylist from Skyburner
The Widow or Wolf from Premier
The Hypnotist, I'd also try to find a used E2 from Prism as well.
The Silverfox 2.5 from Flying wings, or Insync.

Just a few options.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
reef runner
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 03:21 PM »

I'm with "lostkiteman", on this one.  The Premier Nighthawk is a great kite, but it could be a tad quick, for a beginner.  There is an identically made kite, called the Premier Magnum, which is basically, the Nighthawk's big brother.  It's a big old pussycat, and would probably be a bit easier to learn on.  I actually had the opportunity to try one of each, along with the Premier Reps, over on the NC coast, back in the early 2000's, when they came out.  I liked them so much, that I went home and immediately ordered them both.  These kites were designed by Jon Trennepohl and Wayne Brunjes, and may be out of production at this time (?).  I did see the Nighthawk still listed on (linked references deleted. Il Duce)  Anyway, since that time, I have probably owned 5 Nighthawks, and 3 or 4 Magnums, all the different color combos.  I still have two of each, and when I feel like a quick dual line (I recently went over to Revs) flight, I always grab the Magnum, or the Nighthawk.  Definately nothing wrong with any of the other suggestions, but this is just my humble opinion, from an self-taught cruiser.  I'm not much into the slack line tricks, but I will stand on a beach and fly for hours at a time.  Gotta love it Huh Huh
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:03 AM by chilese » Logged

Reef Runner

It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here.
It balances out the times, when the minefield of life explodes.
J. Buffett - "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"
Roseflykites

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 10:36 AM »

The French connection UL offer by Steve here for $85.00 is a Deal , could be a great beginner kite for the Price/Quality/Extra bells & whistle : storage sleeve and line set plus tail weight, Yo-Yo Gliders, Yo-Yo Bars, and a Roll-up Cage all this with Brand new kite smell, very complete packages.
you can't go wrong i think. Rose
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=4433.0
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 11:56 AM »

Talk to Steve here on GWTW.  He can set you up with the Hypnotist.  Great kite and perfect for beginners.  All of the others mentioned here are also great kites but one thing that the Hypnotist has that all the others don't is that the Hypnotist comes with the Prism Freestyle Pilot DVD included!!!  This DVD is perfect for beginners and will help teach you many of the new tricks that the Hypnotist (and other kites listed) can do.

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 09:01 PM »

whichever kite you decide on ask steve for the dvd also, way worth it. as too which kite?? it would help to know what you want to do with it and what your wind and field conditions are like have fun KO

have fun kurt
WRDO Wolf

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 04:53 PM »

My 1st dual-line kite was a Flying wings, Beetle.  I found out the 2 guys teaching me slackline tricks also started with Beetles.  I've found the kite virtually indestructible and forgiving when learning.  I've been able to fly it in winds as low as 3mph.  I'd also recommend getting a video as well, the one that has helped me the most is "Prism Kites Freestyle Pilot".

Fair winds and following breeze.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum