GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 04:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: premier rokkaku kite manual  (Read 2294 times)
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: April 26, 2009, 07:31 PM »

premier rokkaku kite manual  anyone have one?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:40 PM by temoniprince » Logged
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:39 PM »

Instructions on their website.

http://premierkites.com/premier/pdf/45400.pdf

Is that what you're looking for?

P

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
ezme6
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:10 AM »

The Premier roc is sooooo hard to adjust the bridle

"Do what you like"
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:19 AM »

Skitch thx.

emze@ what you mean its hard i mean isnt it just set up already and you fly or what i did ot put it together yet.

thx sammy
dadecitykiter
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:57 AM »

On the last couple Premier roks I picked up I changed out most of the stringy stuff.

-Found some of the sleeved bow lines to be too slippery so changed them out for good old fashioned tensioners (a button will do in a pinch).
-Found some of the bridle lines to be too thin and again too slippery so changed them out for new bridle lines. This is mainly for the center piece between the top and bottom where line that is too thin can be a bit hard on the fingers while tuning.
-By the way loose the rings, just larks head the bridle lines onto the cross spars.
-Found the pig tail knot for the angle adjustment too hard to adjust so took it off and put it back on with a prussik (double larks head) knot instead.

I know this sounds like a lot of bother for a kite that should be ready to fly and you can just use it the way it came, I did on my first two. But on the last two I went ahead and made the changes and find it works out a lot better for me.

They are still a great kite. One of my favorites.

Gary
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:53 PM by dadecitykiter » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography