GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 09:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MacBook Pro  (Read 4732 times)
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 06:35 PM »

Wow, this thread sure is a Apple love fest. Far cry from the days when everyone bashed them.

I've had four windows machines in 7 years at work.  Don't know if it was because they were Dells or viruses or what. One of them would randomly shut off with no warning. Then the IT guys would defrag the hard drive and act like they did something.  Roll Eyes
bigpappo1
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 07:37 AM »

For  all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read  on.   
At  a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared  the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,   
'If GM had kept up with technology like the  computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If   GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all  be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just  love this part):
1... For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash...twice a day.
2... Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new  car. 
3...  Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason.  You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the  windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4... Occasionally,  executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5... Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but  would run on only five percent of the roads.
6... The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation' warning  light. 
I love the next one!!!
7...  The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying.
8... Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your  car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna. 
9.,,  Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to  learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10... You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine off. 
PS  - I 'd like to add that when all else fails, you could call 'customer service' in some foreign country and be instructed in  some foreign language how to fix your car yourself!!!!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 08:36 AM »

Don't buy a mac,little dated but still funny.
edit: sorry i'll repost it when i can make it bigger
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:37 AM by DD » Logged

Sine Metu!
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 09:45 AM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedfreakz17/5416298704/#

Picture's too fuzzy to read at max size.

Allen, AKA kitehead
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 10:35 AM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedfreakz17/5416298704/#

Picture's too fuzzy to read at max size.

sorry about that, i'll try and fix it.
mac /pc I don't care one way or the other( one of my first compters was an apple IIe) They both get viruses now and i have fixed both.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:42 AM by DD » Logged

Sine Metu!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 12:42 PM »

LOL ... Yeah a bit dated, but I guess that was 2008. Here's a link that worked for me to a larger legible image

http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/2010/09/why-you-shouldnt-buy-mac.html
or
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4624/mac01.jpg

of course there are other views

Why You Should Buy a Mac

But then there are the security problems,

"I had a feeling that Mac was easier (to hack) than Windows," "If I can find the Safari bug or exploit in a few days and it would take me 10 times as long for IE, why would I do that? I go after the easiest guy."   Charlie Miller

Gone in 2 minutes: Mac gets hacked first in contest

Apple and Internet Explorer, Two Browsers First to Go Down in Hacking Contest

iPhone SMS database hacked in 20 seconds

Pwn2Own 2010: Browsers and iPhone Get Pwned!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:45 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change