GWTW Forum
November 27, 2014, 11:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocius SUL with the new "Zero Air" Tubes.  (Read 7217 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« on: January 03, 2011, 04:06 PM »

Ocius SUL/ ZeroAir Tubes.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Dave Gibson
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 05:36 PM »

nice leading edge  slide!!!!!

My kite bag

Widow maker  STD
Widow maker UL
Delta Drive  STD
INAK SUL
Trick and Track
Prisim quantum STD
Night Hawk
Ignighter
Levelone  TIVAR ,
levelone Thor's Hammer
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:04 PM »

ZeroAir sticks, this exciting news. How about some specs? Pics? What's the I.D.?

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
GWTWNewb
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 07:42 PM »

Can Skyshark give any assurances about the longer-term availability of the Zero Air tubes?  They're an exciting prospect, for sure, but it would be a shame to repeat the PXX here-today-gone-tomorrow grief.
Ang3lFir3

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 07:56 PM »

gorgeous flying devin....

how does this feel in comparison to the std and UL ?

ZeroAir..... where can i get them ?? not seeing them on the site.... don't keep things from me  Cry
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:13 PM »

SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 11:37 PM »

from the videos you post here, your flying has improved dramatically in the last year devin; kudos.

Fdeli
stapp59
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 01:01 AM »

Nice flying Devin!  At 7 grams, the Zero Airs are a nice addition to the 2PT and will be one of the lightest tubes out there. Can't wait to test them  Grin
adx1592

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 08:32 AM »

Hey guys,
thank you very much for all the comments!
The Zero Air tubes will be around for awhile, but I can't speak for Jon there. I'll email him and tell him to post on this thread for some detailed information soon Smiley .
The SUL flies exactly like the standard and UL. Tracks well, will trick well for its weight, too. A taz machine MONSTER. 2 Pops are even EASIER then on the UL. Very floaty kite, which is what Jon (I think) was really going for.

The tubes though, are strong! We've flown the kite in up to 10 mph, without changing the bridle and angle of attk, and they're holding up well- even through tipstabs, commetes, etc.

Some tubes have been sent to people for more testing. I know Steve Tapp has some, and Ken has some.

More info to come, hopefully from the master of tubes himself! Will email him now!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
kiteclique
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 11:32 AM »

That is nice flying and an interesting looking kite.

Have you flown the Jon T designed Nighthawk ? There is a compelling design, a shame they need did more with it. I think it'd be great with Icarex sail and better graphics. I can fly mine as almost SUL - by removing the upper spreader and pulling the nose way forward. I can imagine an SUL version with no upper spreader, lighter fabric and bridle ...

-Frazer

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:36 AM by kiteclique » Logged
jon t

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 01:09 PM »

The rumor is true.  We have a new tube called the Zero Air.  It is a wound carbon tapered tube.  It is made on the same mandrell as the 2pt.
We are using a new material that allows us to get the weight down to 7 grams or less.  The ZeroAir is a softer feeling tube that offers a lot of durability for it's weight.
 Here are the specs:
Length    32.5"  /82.6 cm
weight     6.8 - 7 grams 
o.d. large end   .275"
i.d. large end    .242"
o.d. small end   .204
i.d. small end    .174"
use .240  or 6 mm tube for ferrule

So far the testing has been done on the Ocius SUL.  We will be sending out Zero Air tubes to a few other Manufacturers to test.
Devin has been a huge asset in getting all the testing done and flying the new Ocius SUL.  We are so lucky to have him here.
We are hoping that the Zero AIr will allow people to design and build some amazing new kites.
Happy New Year and Thanks to everyone supporting Sky Shark Tubes.
Jon and Marieanne

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 11:33 PM »

I forgot you shot video of those "Slides" he was doing across the ground.  Wish we had video of you doing the same with a twist....Totally sic...  Tongue   Watching those wing tips just dragging.  No doubt this whole "Ocius" Kites Series is a winner from novice to Devin... anyone can fly it.  Did my first half axel with my Ocius... I still consider myself a novice.  Not many tricks but I land nicely...  My whole summer of flying was based on this kite series...

Adding the SUL only makes me long for warm summer days about 8:40pm wind almost gone and at least another hour or so of light... Looking at the sun as it passes the beach front at Metro Beach Michigan... That moment when my SUL fills it's sail with the glow of the evening sun...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 12:40 PM »

Had to add this to my thoughts...

prodancing...
prodancer.wmv

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 05:32 PM »

so does the ocius sul out do the prodancer?

Sine Metu!
adx1592

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 05:41 PM »

I wouldn't exactly say it 'out does it,' because they're different in their own respects.

The Ocius is a smaller, very light trick oriented kind of kite. The PDSUL is a full size kite, a tracking monster, etc. Good for competition.

They're both brilliant designs though. Can't go wrong for either for a zero wind kite.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum