GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 10:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve was with me in spirit today  (Read 1012 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« on: February 20, 2011, 09:00 PM »

When Steve Hall decided to sell a bunch of his kites, I was fortunate to snap up his favorite TrickTail UL and then later he was incredibly generous in passing on his BMK Muse, #0.

These two kites more than any others are the essence of the Kite Kid, so when I went down to Seaside beach today for a dose of laboratory grade wind it felt like Steve was there with me all day.

Thanks for all you've done for me over the years, Steve. I'm honored to fly these kites.

I also flew my new Proph. It's sweet.

It was an amazing day on the Bay

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:06 PM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
cgregurich73
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:12 AM »

I need that kind of scenerary around here to fly ..

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:54 AM »

Great looking kites and pictures. I have beach envy! Big or small, size does not matter.

Saturday's wind here was 0 - 14 mph, with 15 minute cycles and a few 90 degree wind shifts. At least the lulls were only a couple of minutes or less and no 180 degree shifts.

Flew a Barresi 1.5 with 3-wrap to handle a majority of the constantly changing conditions. Practiced horizontal and vertical ladders and stationary wing tip pivots plus some clockwork, but still not as smooth as desired. Finally got too chilled to fly when the wind kicked up to a steady double digits later in the day - but was tempted to stay and fly the Rev II, my favorite. Back home, a pizza and cold beer with a hot tea chaser got me warmed up.

Thanks for the pictures.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:04 PM »

That Prophecy looks great!
Thanks for posting and congrats on your new kites.
Alfredo

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
mnkypkl
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 09:10 PM »

Hi Allen,
Nice of you to acknowledge Steve's generosity, we can tell the kites have gone to a good home. I am a new flyer that lives in Oakdale, CA. I noticed you are from Sunnyvale and took a road trip to Seaside to fly. Where from your experience is the best wind? Seaside, Berkeley, Redwood Shores or ? I currently fly at a nearby lake, Woodward Res., and realize the value of a steady breeze. I took my kite on a ski vacation to Squaw Valley and flew in the meadow at Squaw. Wow, that was a lesson. Try flying in the Sierra's with wind gusts coming off the mountain.Good Lesson, not really fun flying. Now with springtime coming up I'd like to take some weekends and go somewhere with reallly good wind. Suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document