GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 09:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocius SUL with the new "Zero Air" Tubes.  (Read 6913 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 06:12 PM »

Tricks, yes.

Flying in very little wind without moving your feet, no.

It looks like they weigh about the same, but the Ocius is much smaller.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
vertigo2u

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 09:51 AM »

I can't do a half axel with a Pro Dancer  :'(and was able to one with the Ocius sul. Grin.

I am in no way a good pilot yet, but I have watched Devin fly both.  The Pro Dancer does put limits on him.  But as he said the tracking and flow of the kite is really nice.  In my short video i didn't get to fly as good as I wanted. The person holding my camera was just walking by.  So I tried to hurry.  However.  the Pro Dancer does a beautiful slide... 

But only a number of tricks.  Which does not mean abandon any idea of getting one.  It is a beautiful kite to fly.  The Ocius will give you more range and tricks. Huh

I watched Devin and Jon actually drag that wing tip on the snow,from side to side across the window. 

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 11:29 AM »

The Ocius SUL does look like it has plenty of drive in SUL winds and has quite a few tricks in the bag but I didn't see it come back to a Fade from a 1/2 lazy. While watching it rotate on it's back it looks like pulling through to Fade could be tough with this kite. It looks like if it will come back, it would have to be done very carefully. Will it make that move easily? Otherwise all the JL fans (and others) could be disappointed with that aspect of it.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
jeepersjoey

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 06:58 AM »

Has cost been established for the Ocius SUL?  I see the standard and UL listed but not the SUL.

With the different tubes I cannot assume that the price is the typical $20 more.

I think this is gonna be my next kite.  I likey!
Paul

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 07:34 AM »

I (THINK) it's about 20 or 30 bucks more.  Smiley Totally worth it.

Dolphinboy, the kite will do JL's and all that with the right touch. Takes a bit to get used to, because it is after all a kite with a different feel (trick wise) because of the super light tubes. Not a bad thing, just different. A new experience.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 06:13 PM »

Dolphinboy, the kite will do JL's and all that with the right touch. Takes a bit to get used to, because it is after all a kite with a different feel (trick wise) because of the super light tubes. Not a bad thing, just different. A new experience.

That's what I was thinking as I watched but I never saw you pull the 1/2 Lazy back all the way to a Fade so I thought I'd question it. You were close a couple of times but kind of bailed and took off.

So a slow pull & then lots of slack to get it?

Does the SUL use a tail weight?

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
adx1592

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 06:49 PM »

I actually use a really fast, sharp and short pull. More of an extreme pop I suppose. I like the kite to transition faster onto its back in a JL, so thats just a personal preference. You can see one in joes video (vertigo2u).
No tail weight in the SUL.  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 08:28 PM »

Send me a note with your phone number..miss ya and can not wait to fly.   Snowed today and sort of wet and warm snow.  Good packin'... But lousy to try and fly.  I want to fly down at Metro soon.  This week.   Grin ...  Those photos of john's are perfect to work with...  I couldn't get Schiziodkites to run fast like it's suppose to.  It skipped over half the photos.  I worked for hours trying... Another day another dollar.  Roll Eyes

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
oyehut1955
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 01:34 AM »

that was really nice.. flying.. kite..  music and the news of a new stick..

thanks for sharing..
debbie

"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string"

http://community.webshots.com/user/oyehut1955
jeepersjoey

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 07:56 PM »

$280 is the cost.

Bought one today!  I look forward to making it compete with the 4D, Quantum Pro SUL and (possibly) Zephyr for air time!

Yippie!

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
vertigo2u

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 08:10 PM »

Way to go Joey.......... Cheesy.  You are  going to be a happy guy.  btw what are your color schemes Huh?  Got my Moonie today from Bobby.  Also talk to Kenny about "Mamba"... I had a good day at H&R Block .....Tax return going to kite collecion.. Wink

jeepersjoey

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 05:22 AM »

Black Color Scheme 1 with yellow/purple.

adx1592

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 06:48 AM »

Sounds great!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
oldflyer

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 03:43 PM »

Lovely - just lovely!
jeepersjoey

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 07:49 PM »

I received two ZERO tubes today.   I bought them in anticipation of flying and eventually breaking a spar on the Ocius SUL.  I am not easy on kites...

WOW are these things light and thin!  I could barely tell that I was holding them.

I look forward to getting the Ocius SUL and try these spars out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document