GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 10:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B'zar 2011  (Read 10575 times)
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 08:44 AM »

Hey Werner, any updates or videos?  Still eagerly waiting for the new plans! Hope your testing is going well.
cojack_2107
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 06:40 AM »

Hi werner how the final setting been doing?? can't wait to see a vid or update on the kite though...
sugarbaker

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 09:47 AM »

Werner... I am so excited for the new plans that I check your website almost everyday... and what did I see today? A video and place holder for B'zar 2011.  I hope you don't mind me posting this link, but I can hardly contain myself.  It will be the first kite I build for 2011.  (well, actually not as I've started working on my own sail pattern for a new Thornback II by Ian, but I'm equally excited about the B'zar). 

http://www.tweelijners.com/werner/index-2011-en.html
positivo

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 11:06 AM »

It shouldn't be too long before the plans are available so I can adapt the websites.
Last Sunday I made some short movies of the kite and couldn't resist to make a short 'teaser' video  :-)

Here's the direct link to that video: 
Untitled

btw: the guy on the video in the first seconds is the designer himself: Werner!
sugarbaker

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 11:38 PM »

wondering if you will be posting a full size poster when plans are ready... I've set aside some fabric and am ready to go!  hope the plans will be ready soon. then all I'll need is some good weather when I finish the kite!
werner

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 03:12 PM »

Yesterday I was on the beach with two friends flying the B'zar 2011 Although there was little wind the kite did fly as if it was an UL so I am very pleased with the results. Frank shot some pictures and put them on the website of www.tweelijners.be He also did a lot of filming on this large beach and blue sky. He is now editing the material into a nice video I may hope. I asked Nils to finish the plans and I will post all the info to Positivo who will put it all together on my site. So you see this is a result of a whole team!!
For all those who are waiting I have to warn you guys, this is a kite with broadseaming in a curved seam so take care while constructing. It must be done very precisely because we talk about millimeters. But, if you succeed, i promise you a very nice kite that will do a whole lot of tricks with ease, a large windrange starting in 6 km/h going to 18 km/h, very flat tazz-machines, even doubles ( ask Nils for that )nice multislots, lifters, cyniques, a good pitchbehaviour with one pop and two pop yoyo's etc... I hope that video will be released soon. It took me a little to long, I know, sorry for that but I hope you will enjoy it!!
I will be working on a UL version during this season and probably a vented too because next year there will not be a new model of the B'zar. I experienced that creating something new that not only is different but also has enough improvements as a whole takes more than one season. 
I hope to see a lot of new B'zars 2011 on the forums all over the world. Last posted kitepic was of a 2010 on a white blanket of snow and made in Moskow!! It really makes me happy to feel the enthousiasm that all  kitebuilders show towards our Belgian kitemodels. Have fun!!
Untitled

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 06:44 PM »

So was just looking at what it was framed in and was wondering what center T was used?  was it a 7x6 r-sky T with the 6mm drilled out?  or was it a 2 piece spine with ferrule at T? or are there some p90/p100 in the Nitro?

sugarbaker

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 07:54 PM »

I can only speculate, but I imagine the lower spreader is ferruled with a 6mm solid carbon ferrule and shimmed (as you guessed... probably with p90).  Then and R-Sky 7x6 T.  That is how I've done it in other kites using Nitro lower spreaders.
werner

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 01:59 AM »

Leading edges are P200, spine is 2Px and lower streaders are Nitro's.
I used a ferrule that is a full rod and fits into the Nitro's
The centre T is a sky-shark T that is drilled to fit the Nitro's
The other side fitted allready to the 2Px
The spine is in one piece.
positivo

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 10:57 PM »

Everything's on the website, part from the plan itself  Roll Eyes
Sorry to keep you guys waiting, but some of us have a daytime job AND we want the plans to be 100% ok before we publish
Meanwhile, here's a better definition video of the launch fly session of the B'zar 2011 Std:
B'zar Std 2011
sugarbaker

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 04:50 AM »

I've already been playing with the colorizer and anticipating the availablity of the plans.  Frame, fittings and fabric set aside and ready to go. Thanks for the time you're putting in!
positivo

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 01:08 AM »

One step forward: the plans in plotter format A0 are online!
The A4 version will be something for Monday, I guess

Enjoy building and flying this beauty!
And don't forget to upload some pictures of the finished kite   Wink

http://www.tweelijners.com/werner
sugarbaker

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 03:00 AM »

I'm excited for the plans, but links (within the B'zar website) didn't work... perhaps I need to wait longer?
positivo

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27 AM »

My bad! I uploaded the .html files but not the .pdf   Roll Eyes

It should work now  Cool
sugarbaker

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 10:57 AM »

Plans downloaded successfully!  Thanks again.  Now, perhaps I'll start a thread with the build progress... if I can remember to take pictures! 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography