GWTW Forum
September 02, 2015, 03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: email the Forum Admin: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom 'Valor' Rev Project - Update!  (Read 703 times)
photogbill
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: August 25, 2015, 06:38 PM »

I made a custom Rev several years back and have toyed with the idea of making another one with the same design theme as the duel-line delta 'Valor' that I'm currently fine tuning! So today ...having the day off, I decided to see what I could come up with. Since the Rev design is more of a 2D image in flight ....as compared to the delta 'Valor' ...I don't think I'll have the same distortion issue that I had in it's design. I hope not anyway.

Here's the results!

***As usual, click on the photo for larger image view.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:23 PM by photogbill » Logged
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 04:20 AM »

this shape, when spun fast on it's center, will make optical circles that spin causing hypnosis and possibly visual paralysis, you might add strobe LEDs to height the effect at dusk or dawn.
ENJOY
We want some video and not slo-mo either!

Bottom left will have the most visual impact at speed and in the dark backlit
Palmahnic
Trade Count: (0)

Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 02:04 PM »

I like the Rubin over Black, though I think you might have already used up the last pieces of Rubin left... In the world!

Thank you kindly, Iftah.

Thank you kindly,
Iftah.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+27)

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:02 PM »

I like A3 & B1

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 04:49 PM »

Just a thought, but could you add a third color to the center panel as a contrast? I was wondering if something would give it some depth. When the sail bows, you could get a different effect than the typical Revs. This is where a spinning .gif would come in handy to visualize. Just an idea.
photogbill

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 08:16 PM »

A kite buddy & friend on facebook suggested a color variation which lead to these color combos:

And another kite buddy & friend suggest the black ones had too much black, so I came up with these alternate color combows ....&     WOW! ...I think I might like these best of all ....

twhite510

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 08:19 PM »

Wow

The last two are my favorites. No one color over powers the other.
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 08:20 PM »

I'd comment but it's difficult to

type with detached retina.  Cheesy

Guaranteed not to get lost on a dark night.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
photogbill

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 08:30 PM »

Wow

The last two are my favorites. No one color over powers the other.

I agree! ...but I still like the all white original & 2nd ones!
photogbill

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 08:32 PM »

I'd comment but it's difficult to

type with detached retina.  Cheesy

Guaranteed not to get lost on a dark night.

Yeah ...they do stand out in a crowd ...don't they! Of course they should look much better as an actual kite ...hope so anyway ...because I've already started the process of making my first one! Have had some nice feedback on them over on my Facebook page where I first posted them.

Maybe you should try wearing polarized sunglasses while on thie thread ...might help!  Cheesy
photogbill

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 10:26 PM »

Thought I'd post an update. The First Custom Valor Rev skin is all seam-taped together. I'll be sewing it tomorrow. I decided to go with a more traditional color combo on the forst one ...Can't go wrong with a Red, White, & Black combo!

Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 05:16 PM »

Oh. I like that very much. It looks very balanced, but with plenty of depth. That's gonna look nice.
twhite510

« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 05:31 PM »

I really like the grey that you added to the sail. This is VERY nice. Your designs are very distinctive.
Great work.
photogbill

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 11:45 PM »

Oh. I like that very much. It looks very balanced, but with plenty of depth. That's gonna look nice.

Thanks! It turned out better looking than I thought it would based on the 'colorizer' version I used to decide on what color combo to go with!

I really like the grey that you added to the sail. This is VERY nice. Your designs are very distinctive.
Great work.

Thanks for the compliment on the designs. A friend suggested that the black original versions I came up with were too 'dark' & that it might look better changing some of the panels. I played around with several color combos & decided on this one for the first build! I agree ...that the grey worked out well.

The panels are all sewn together now. Hopefully I'll be able to get it finished in the next couple days ...and gets some air time & pictures with it by the weekend!  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum