GWTW Forum
September 16, 2014, 10:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VF18 - round details and poster  (Read 5096 times)
Yan
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 08, 2011, 12:31 PM »

Prizes are as on poster at the moment.

Entry's in by end of 20/2/2011
Scores in by end of  6/3/2011

Click on the poster to download a PDf version so you can print it and put it up somewhere!  Wink

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 01:22 PM »

Cool now if I can only get some wind to fly in in time Tongue  WInds of <2mph or >20mph have been the norm since new years Sad
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:53 PM »

here too, from mid-november to mid-march we have no wind to speak of. c'mon springtime!

<3 VF

Fdeli
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 12:51 AM »

lol,

Now whats this I'm hearing...  Undecided

This is how you drop it ladies.....  Wink

"IN"

WD

VF 18... "You're an adult now"

Cool
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 12:56 AM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
Ca Ike

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 12:56 AM »

lol,

"IN"

WD
lol ok ok then   "IN"
obijuankenobe

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 01:19 AM »

lol,

"IN"

WD

Cool

Ha.  This coming from one of a few currently flying in summer.  While we expect no sympathy, don't get cocky.  First ranting on FA about staying in frame being a skill (while flying on 10m lines with a tiny kite) needed to enter VF, then ranting about V meaning video(?) competition, and now calling those flying in the dead of winter 'ladies'. 

'You're an adult now?'  WTF does that mean?

Enthusiasm is great, but even tongue in cheek, this is a bit much for VF.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
WinterDaze

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 01:54 AM »

lol,

"IN"

WD

Cool

Ha.  This coming from one of a few currently flying in summer.  While we expect no sympathy, don't get cocky.  First ranting on FA about staying in frame being a skill (while flying on 10m lines with a tiny kite) needed to enter VF, then ranting about V meaning video(?) competition, and now calling those flying in the dead of winter 'ladies'. 

Oooops....

Gee Obi mate no offense meant, I would hope that my comments were taken in the vain they were put out there in... definite tongue in cheek ribbing....

Sorry for being in the southern hemisphere, You might want to check what sort of weather we're having here... Floods are covering an area bigger than France and Germany combined, they don't turn up without some 'fanfair'

And finally...

VF 18 18 is quite the birthday down here, quite the 'right of passage' time, voting/drinking become a legal activitity and thus an important age YMMV.

This was inc'd after my sig, far enough from my first point that I would hope most could follow that it was a separate 'thing'... And yes there was a sighting of a tongue and cheek in the area.... read 'emoticon'....

Mate no serious offense was meant, I do try to make sure the difference is noticeable...

But, since we're in the 'quotation zone',I'm sure others will let us know where we stand.

Regards,

Shannon

WinterDaze AoF
WinterDaze

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 02:23 AM »

First ranting on FA about staying in frame being a skill (while flying on 10m lines with a tiny kite) needed to enter VF, then ranting about V meaning video(?) competition

Hmmm, bit lost here though

Forgive me but I might just retort (mod feel free, yadda yadda...)

I would think staying in the frame was a skill yes, do you disagree?

Fine your call...

But then, you know how to control a kite quite well... some don't, thus the word 'skill' might come up in a conversation as to 'why'...

next..

10m lines?? No emoticon for this... Climax pro, stock, kite Talon... ? lost....

And I did not say 'V' stood for video, I so wanted to, trust me... but i didn't, I may have implied it to the mountains but I did not say it.... ummmm

'so there'...

WD

WinterDaze AoF
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 08:49 AM »

I not only got the 18 'you're an adult now' reference, but thought it was quite funny.

No legal drinking allowed at that age here in the states, but you do get the right to give your life for your country as well as legally having adult relationships.

6 kite tom
Ca Ike

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 03:02 PM »

lol,

"IN"

WD

Cool

Aww relax Obi.  NOthing wrong with a bit of ribbing and goading others.  AFter all it is a competition and taunting your competitors is part of the spirit.  As for staying in frame being a skill..well.. from the standpoint of having good enough control of the kite and mastery of the tricks to fly and do them anywhere in the window you need to(in this case a small area for filming) then yes I agree.  THat much control is a skill and one I am still trying to master myself. 

I wish you good winds so you can enter this one if you choose, but I'm still going to work/freeze my behind of to try and beat ya Tongue
obijuankenobe

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 02:54 AM »

The kids are excited, and that's good for sure.

I meant nor took no offense.  I just want to keep the beginners interested.  It shouldn't become an exclusively elite pilot contest. 

As for entering, I try every round.  Sometimes I get a session with footage...sometimes I don't manage. 

It certainly would be easier somewhere other than where I am in Norway.  This is also why I hate the camera angle and in frame discussions.  The people who have the most to say about how strict VF should be all assume that all things are equal with respect to where we all can fly.  Not everyone has an infinity field or beach to fly on.  Not everyone flies on 20m lines.  Not everyone has a great camera or a cameraman.  And not everyone flies 3 times per week.  I am lucky if I fly 4 times per season.

I hope VF 18 is a great round for sure.

obi 

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
WinterDaze

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 04:45 AM »

The kids are excited, and that's good for sure.

I meant nor took no offense. 

Really? Well OK then, none shall be taken... Sad

As for entering, I try every round.  Sometimes I get a session with footage...sometimes I don't manage. 

It certainly would be easier somewhere other than where I am in Norway.  This is also why I hate the camera angle and in frame discussions.  The people who have the most to say about how strict VF should be all assume that all things are equal with respect to where we all can fly.  Not everyone has an infinity field or beach to fly on.  Not everyone flies on 20m lines.  Not everyone has a great camera or a cameraman.  And not everyone flies 3 times per week.  I am lucky if I fly 4 times per season.

I hope VF 18 is a great round for sure.

obi 

A trip to Yoda may do someone Roll Eyes the world of good, a quick 'Force' tune-up can have amazing results  Grin

So I'm thinking there's a bit of interest in this round now  Cool so lets turn that into players... Lets see a few more  'maybes' then  Wink

We all know (nudge nudge  Wink Wink) it just a bit of fun, and for just a little effort we,and thats any of us who put up their hand, get a chance to walk away with maybe some glory, a PB possibly? Or maybe some might get, as a worst case scenario.... a bit of a kick up the pants, and thus, a chance, maybe, to make a promise.... to get out and 'fly your own way'  a bit more! Grin Cool Undecided

And, finally... and oh so not finally!

For some fabulous reason there are even folk out there prepared to offer prizes... to some lucky entrants just for sticking their hand up!!!

Now thats a 'WTF' How awesome is that?

huh, huh, (see what I did there... genius.... a possible negative is now a positive) Wink

And if I may, and just extend a previous point...

18 is not only a birthday which gets you a few documents down here, we consider it a thing that everyone gets into, both family and friends, so maybe....

VF-18 Get into it!  Wink

Regards,

WD

EDIT: Ooops: forgot the 's' in entrant.... silly me...  Wink
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:57 AM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
obijuankenobe

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 06:43 AM »

Or maybe some might get, as a worst case scenario.... a bit of a kick up the pants, and thus, a chance, maybe, to make a promise.... to get out and 'fly your own way'  a bit more!

Here is that great competitive spirit again.  Now we're kicking people in the pants with our superior ability to stay in frame and do some tricks.  Again, while I understand it's good natured, I just don't get it.  I have always thought of the whole thing differently. 

I enjoy seeing everyone else fly.  Beating each other virtually or ranking myself among other fliers...not so much.  Most people I know from the NL and elsewhere just send in 'something' which fits the criteria.  People who are screening hours of footage from multiple days of flying are working way too hard IMHO.  But whatever floats your boat.  I guess if I had the time, I might, too.

Sorry to derail this announcement with my whining.  Again, good luck with this round everyone.

obi

Ca Ike

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 11:21 AM »

Or maybe some might get, as a worst case scenario.... a bit of a kick up the pants, and thus, a chance, maybe, to make a promise.... to get out and 'fly your own way'  a bit more!

Here is that great competitive spirit again.  Now we're kicking people in the pants with our superior ability to stay in frame and do some tricks.  Again, while I understand it's good natured, I just don't get it.  I have always thought of the whole thing differently. 

I enjoy seeing everyone else fly.  Beating each other virtually or ranking myself among other fliers...not so much.  Most people I know from the NL and elsewhere just send in 'something' which fits the criteria.  People who are screening hours of footage from multiple days of flying are working way too hard IMHO.  But whatever floats your boat.  I guess if I had the time, I might, too.

Sorry to derail this announcement with my whining.  Again, good luck with this round everyone.

obi
Ok Obi I see where your coming from on this one.   You really just don't get it from how Shannons saying it.  The kick in the pants is proverbial as in "Stop your excuses, comitt, get out there and try and who knows you might have fun and get something too".  Think of it as planning a trip and bugging the people that are supposed to go along to let you know for sure instead of maybe.
WinterDaze

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 04:47 PM »

Obi mate, whats wrong? have I personally offended you in some way??? Whats with the sith-sloth attitude???

I enjoy seeing everyone else fly.  Beating each other virtually or ranking myself among other fliers...not so much.

Obi I promise to use way more emoticons next time, I see that all those words joined together are tricky for some to decipher the true meaning... Ca Ike must have just guessed (hint: it was a very good guess)

Most people I know from the NL and elsewhere just send in 'something' which fits the criteria. 
Gee thanks Obi, when you say "I enjoy seeing everyone else fly", what you're really saying is... I like seeing everyone get better but I don't want them to put any effort into improving their standards/skills.... Wow, that's an interesting view on things, very ummm.... Emo of you....

People who are screening hours of footage from multiple days of flying are working way too hard IMHO.

So what punishment shall we dole out for putting in too much effort, how about a fine of say 'One coffee cup', or maybe we should look at a DQ rule on it.... The rule could be:

Entry to VF requires no effort, if any such effort is detected you will be punished or disqualified. If by chance your ranking improves over time it will be taken that you must of been practicing thus may be presented as evidence of excess effort and as such will be punishable under the Obi law of mediocre/tocoolforskool rule. That would cover it wouldn't it?

I guess if I had the time, I might, too.
LOL you should maybe read this bit again, you wrote it... Do I need say more?  Lips sealed

Sorry to derail this announcement with my whining.

Really?  really really??? It soooo doesn't read that way...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:09 PM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document