GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 02:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New type of enjoy for flying Kites in forest with the limited space  (Read 3956 times)
siajauren
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 11, 2011, 07:37 AM »

Love the music and able fly kite in forest, New enjoy of flying kite
 Tongue Tongue Tongue

Laima - Flying Wings Kite

The kite Know your character before you know it will fly
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:36 AM »

I will take one right now.. Wink

how big are they? what does the frame look like? based on the aerobe-wala?

thanks!
rob

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:40 AM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:22 AM »

Oh yeah!  Very nice.............Pre orders yet?

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47 AM »

Hmmm... Steve had posted that earlier but I see it's gone now, wonder if production isn't set yet? Very cool, almost up there with Ramlal's L'Oiseau, looking forward to more details. I hope it see's production, nothing on the site yet, but then I can't find the Wala/Aerobe either there.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 12:37 PM »

Hmmm... Steve had posted that earlier but I see it's gone now, wonder if production isn't set yet? Very cool, almost up there with Ramlal's L'Oiseau, looking forward to more details. I hope it see's production, nothing on the site yet, but then I can't find the Wala/Aerobe either there.

To be relaeased next month, probably not in the USA, like the Vampire Devil SLK, VD Quad, Prediction 250 etc. If you want FLK you got to buy in Asia for the most part. Cool

"Do what you like"
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 01:07 PM »

Mike ... you saw that video linked on my Facebook page.

The new Liama,  Vampire Devil Quad and Silver Fox 2.3 Pro will be available in the US later this year.

I an arranging a pre-sale on these but too early for details.  I was told that I would have pricing tomorrow, so stand by.

New Silver Fox 2.3 PRO - Flying Wings Kite

Vamp Devil squadron - Quad
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:13 PM by Steve » Logged

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Kantaxel

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 01:07 PM »

To be relaeased next month, probably not in the USA, like the Vampire Devil SLK, VD Quad, Prediction 250 etc. If you want FLK you got to buy in Asia for the most part. Cool

That is so not neat Cry

Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:24 PM »

O ye of little faith ...

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 03:32 PM »

This thread has got me very excited!

That SL bird looks great - what a beautifully put together video too!

The Silver Fox 2.3 is one of my all time favourite sport kites so the SF 2.3 Pro is bound to be of interest.

Bell is a top designer!

cordover

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 03:56 PM »

Three quick questions.
Do we get one through you, Steve, or directly through flying wings, or how?
How do you pronounce it?  Lay'ma? La ee' ma?  Lie Ma'?  I spend over a year calling my last Flying Wings kite an Air o' bee, only to learn it is pronounced Air' ohb, like the oxygen loving bacteria.  I'm still just presuming that Wala sounds like the town in Washington.
When can we learn the specs..price, size (including packed size), materials, etc. 

Nice vid.  Definitely interested.    Tongue

Mitch
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 04:00 PM »

Oh on facebook, ok, it all runs together. Looking forward  to pricing on these. I have faith after your Aerobe pre-sales how could they deny The Wizard a box?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:24 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Kantaxel

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 04:08 PM »

O ye of little faith ...

Sorry Steve,  Sad I reacted just as you were posting............One of those color combos in the vid really struck me and I usually go with first reactions..........AAAAh, it's been nearly my undoing more than once........The Walas are still really fun to play with in the front yard................. 

Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 05:34 PM »

Laima (LY-muh) is the deity of fate, the personification of it, whether as luck or as bad luck.  Latvian in origin the Name Laima loosely means luck.

These will be available this spring through dealers in the US.  GWTW/Chico Kites is in the process of putting together a pre-sale for them and hoping that it will be a successful as the Aerobe/Wala pre-sale was (don't let me down).

As I mentioned above I was told that I will have pricing tomorrow and hopefully more details as well.

Steve ... Ancient One
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 05:48 PM »

mmm....would like a lime one......just saying.......
Wink

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
normofthenorth
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 05:57 PM »

The video has some of the same magical mystical feel as the old "Check that TrickTail Feeling" VCR tape. Very nice!

I'm curious about what I'd think switching back and forth between this new Laima and my Aerobe. With the much smaller sail profile for a similar-looking frame, the Laima SHOULDN'T be as buoyant -- yet it looks pretty buoyant. Maybe the framing is much lighter? I also wonder if it has any of the amazing versatility that the Aerobe has. . .

Unless it's really a bargoon, I'll probably skip being the first kid on my block to get one, and wait for the reviews to pile in here -- though it does look like fun. (But what I'm REALLY waiting for is that Zen indoor glider kite! :-( )

Norm in Toronto
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change