GWTW Forum
September 16, 2014, 08:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Randyg's Sportkite Blog  (Read 3700 times)
mnkypkl
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: January 12, 2011, 07:45 PM »

Hi all,
As a newbie I use various videos to learn including Randyg's tutorials. Lately they just go to a football picture website. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Kevin
DonCrash
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 08:07 PM »

Definitely not you, upon clicking on the video links, it goes to some generic site. A football pic since the keyword related is "sports".

Perhaps the videos got removed?Huh for some reason....   Huh

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 01:09 AM »

I downloaded all of RandyG's tutorials a while back.  If i can zip them up small enough I can send then to you just PM me.
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:41 AM »

WhoIs report that the site still belongs to Randy so perhaps he needs to contact PowWeb to sort this out.

This sort of placeholder site is normal after a site subscription expires.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
randyg

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:11 AM »

Guys, I'm not sure what's going on. I am pretty sure I'm paid up but as Mike suggests, I need to contact powweb to sort the problem out.

My apologies to all for the problem. Embarrassed I will try my best to get this sorted asap. Once I do I'll respond here to let you know.

mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 07:37 AM »

Just glad to hear they are still going to be around, although ive got them all saved too. Sending them as a batch to others would be impossible, movie files being compressed already don't zip up much smaller.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Hadge

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 02:04 PM »

I've had the same problem. In the meantime some of Randy's videos are on Youtube.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 06:38 PM »

If it's OK with Randy, I would post them up on my webspace, and post the temporary link here until the problem is fixed. I have them all local, and it would just be a matter of copy & paste.
 Let me know...
~Rob.

randyg

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 06:31 PM »

OK guys, I've been on the chat line with the fine folks at powweb and here's the scoop.

I was a little late in renewing my domain name so it expired. I renewed a few days late however the nameservers for the domains weren't updated so the links weren't pointing to the powweb servers...or something like that. The problem has been corrected but it may take 24 to 48 hours for the DNS information to be updated across the globe.

If some of you will, let me know if things are working OK if you get the chance to download one. I've not checked yet but will later.

My apologies for the inconvenience my slackness may have caused some folks. My tutorials will continue to be available in one form or another as long as I'm on the planet...at least. Heck, there might even be a new one available one of these days.

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 06:41 PM »

OK guys, I've been on the chat line with the fine folks at powweb and here's the scoop.

I was a little late in renewing my domain name so it expired. I renewed a few days late however the nameservers for the domains weren't updated so the links weren't pointing to the powweb servers...or something like that. The problem has been corrected but it may take 24 to 48 hours for the DNS information to be updated across the globe.

If some of you will, let me know if things are working OK if you get the chance to download one. I've not checked yet but will later.

My apologies for the inconvenience my slackness may have caused some folks. My tutorials will continue to be available in one form or another as long as I'm on the planet...at least. Heck, there might even be a new one available one of these days.
No worries Randy your site is up and running now.  If something like this happens you have plenty of us that have them backed up for you and would be happy to pass them along to anyone that needs them  Grin
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 06:47 PM »

Hello  Randy  looks  like your  cooking   with  gas  in  Latrobe  PA      and  may  I say  many    many  many  thanks   for  all  your  hard  work    on post  these    learning  videos   they  helped  me like  you  would  not  belive   thanks  once  again  Randy     may  the    breeze   always  be   smooth  and  warm    and  at  your  back 

Good air always Bobby
mnkypkl

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 08:32 PM »

Wow, Thanks to everyone who responded and helped me out and especially Randy. Thanks Randy for your website. I use your blog and the video from time to time. If you need some $ for the subscription, let me know.
Sincerely,
Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document