GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 10:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformer Full vented or TNT Strong?  (Read 1654 times)
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: January 13, 2011, 08:30 PM »

Hi all, My name is Alfredo as you can tell and I live in San Antonio, Texas. I am new to this forum and still kind of a begginer to flying. I have been flying since 2008 and I am only 14. I am more active on the Prism forum (full member) but since a friend there told me about GWTW, I think I'm hooked.......Again Cheesy My kite collection is a bit small, but I am very enthusiasic to grow both trick-wise and collection-wise. I look forward to all the fun and learning in the process. I have been looking for a high wind kite lately and needed some suggestions or advice from all you experienced flyers. These are my two options for the moment-
Strong TNT
Transformer Full Vented
What kite would you go for? If you believe that another kite might be better, please let me know.
Thanks for your time,
Alfredo.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:07 PM by Alfredo » Logged

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:23 PM »

Welcome!

What sort of winds are you looking to fly in? 

High-wind flying is a skill, just like super low-wind flying.  I would concentrate on learning in low to regular wind before trying to trick much in high wind. 

A vented or strong helps you alot in high wind, but the steaks are raised.  If your timing is off and you nose-plow it, or wrap a tip and hit the ground, the kite is going to be much more likely to suffer than it will in standard winds.

I have the mid-vent Transformer (never tried a TNT Strong) and I would rather fly that one in high wind (16+) than any other kite in my bag.  This kite really outshines others on the high end. It tracks on rails, remains easy to stall, doesn't pull much, loves to trick, and loves wind!

Good luck.

6 kite tom
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49 PM »

For you I'd guess the Transformer would be the better choice. I haven't flown the full vent but the one I flew was a more forgiving kite than the TNT's are. A bit more affordable too.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 03:43 AM »

A vented or strong helps you alot in high wind, but the steaks are raised. 

I know this is a mistake, Tom...but it is a funny one.   Cheesy

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 03:55 AM »

Transformer Mid Vent, I used to live in SA, you don't need a full vent.

"Do what you like"
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 04:25 AM »

Grin

Alfredo

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 09:47 AM »

Welcome!

What sort of winds are you looking to fly in? 

High-wind flying is a skill, just like super low-wind flying.  I would concentrate on learning in low to regular wind before trying to trick much in high wind. 

A vented or strong helps you alot in high wind, but the steaks are raised.  If your timing is off and you nose-plow it, or wrap a tip and hit the ground, the kite is going to be much more likely to suffer than it will in standard winds.

I have the mid-vent Transformer (never tried a TNT Strong) and I would rather fly that one in high wind (16+) than any other kite in my bag.  This kite really outshines others on the high end. It tracks on rails, remains easy to stall, doesn't pull much, loves to trick, and loves wind!

Good luck.
Thanks, I have been flying in pretty strong winds with my Quantum and I have never nose-dived it Smiley I am worried that someday, it might not be able to handle the strong winds.That is why I am looking for a vented kite.
Thanks again,
Alfredo

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
Alfredo

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 09:51 AM »

For you I'd guess the Transformer would be the better choice. I haven't flown the full vent but the one I flew was a more forgiving kite than the TNT's are. A bit more affordable too.

Denny
Yes! You've flown both of them. A person that can truly give me some feedback. Smiley Thanks a lot. And you are right, The Transformer might be better for the $$.
Thanks again,
Alfredo.

Alfredo

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 10:02 AM »

Transformer Mid Vent, I used to live in SA, you don't need a full vent.
Hi, Sometimes I feel like I do, but then again I have never owned a vented kite. The winds here in SA are either 8mph...... Grin......or.......20-40........ Huh
Thanks,
Alfredo.

Alfredo

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 10:07 AM »

Grin

That looks awesome! I don't know what to do now...
Thanks Rob. Smiley

tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 12:40 PM »

Best thing is to email Lam and then talk about what you want if you want a Transformer. He can help you decide what model to get based on your needs.

6 kite tom
Alfredo

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 01:00 PM »

Best thing is to email Lam and then talk about what you want if you want a Transformer. He can help you decide what model to get based on your needs.
Thanks, I am going to do that. Smiley
Afredo.

ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 01:33 PM »

Afredo.

Better hurry, he is leaving next month....Smiley

"Do what you like"
Alfredo

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 01:40 PM »

Afredo.

Better hurry, he is leaving next month....Smiley
Where is he going? Is he. returning promptly?
Thanks. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document