GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 1669 times)
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: January 15, 2011, 09:06 PM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:08 PM by np » Logged
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:57 PM »

I have flown both.

Neither one has much venting, which is good and bad.

Good: They both act a lot like their standard counterpart.

Bad: You are shifting the useful wind range only about 2 or 3 mph.

The Infinity is larger and slightly slower in how it does tricks.

I like both of these kites very much.

Have you flown either of the standards?

And which one do you like the looks of better?

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:20 PM »

Hi Norm

I have a vented Soul and really like it.  Unlike other vented kites I've tried, it has stayed in my bag for over a year and hasn't been sold on.

I reckon it has at least 5mph on the top of a standard .... BUT!!!... I tend to go from ULs to standards earlier than other flyers, and from standards to vents earlier than most.

The vented Soul tricks well, very nearly as well as the standard, and this is where the Soul range is aimed - tricking!

I've not flown the HQ Infinity, but from videos it appears to be more team / precision / polyvalent in character.  HQ kites are well finished kites - nothing outstanding, but good value for money.

I'd say your choice depends on your preferred flying style - best of luck

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:21 AM »

I haven't tried either of the vented versions, but I have both the Infinity and Soul standard kites. Both are very very nice and fairly similar in the way they fly. If anything the standard Soul does seem to have a bit more 'pull' for any given windspeed above about 8mph than the Infinity but seems a little easier to get tricks out of.  If you really pushed me to choose one over the other I think the Soul would win it...just. As has been already said, I think it's down to which flying style/looks you prefer.

By the way, my Soul has had a mid vent conversion done on it before I got it which is pretty useful.  I have covers on the vented section so it acts like the standard kite up to 12-13 mph when you can remove the covers and take away some of the pull. This extends it's useful range by about 3mph....by 18mph+ I'm getting ready to go home anyway. 

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
stapp59
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 04:58 AM »

Curious on the Soul mid vent conversion.  Do you have pics?
Hadge

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 01:25 PM »

Curious on the Soul mid vent conversion.  Do you have pics?

The vents aren't huge but they do make a difference. Covers not shown but fixed on with velcro.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
stapp59
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 07:54 PM »

Thanks for the pic!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change