GWTW Forum
September 19, 2014, 03:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing with kites and sounds...  (Read 1770 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: January 17, 2011, 10:34 AM »

Got bored today and stared playiing with photos and some video takes.  Came up with this...   I hope "someone" likes it.  And I hope the others who don't like it. Please accept my apologies before hand... Grin... I guess it's really not all bad...

way too much time.wmv

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:40 AM »

Awesome video! What is the name of the kite at 1:01? Sure looks beautiful....  Smiley
Thanks,
Afredo.

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:04 AM »

Thanks I appreciate the Kudo's... The kite is a "Widow Maker".. It is Jon Trennepohl's persoanl kite.  Here I was a novice unable to do much of anything last year.  No axel stuff...  Jon says "... here try my Widow Maker for a couple of weeks...".  The kite is on a video being flown on the beaches of Italy with Jon at the controls. After it won an award that year for desing.  Here I am at Metro Beach Michigan barely able to fly this absolutely beautiful kite... It you freeze it you can see the hand crafting.  Fantastic work.. webs were hand sewen...

For those who do not know the man.  He is truly a very friendly and warm individual.  Some guys give you the shirt off thier back...He'll give you the Kite, out of his bag.

We fly on Wednesday Nite at the same place... For some of you who really want some great help and fun...drive,fly to Plymouth,Michigan and fly with us.  I drive almost 45 minutes to get there.  I'd drive an hour if I had to... One day in the spring or summer ..You drive or fly or take a train... to Michigan..Get a decent cheap room... Go to the kite store ..meet Jon.

The instructions you'd get are worth the trip... heck for out of towners we'd probably fly extra days...

For those who really would like help and instructions.  Steve,Spencer,Jon,Devin,Wayne... are always there to help.

As I ponder this past thought I realized ..How many places in the USA could you go and play for at least 4 hours with guys who will help you... When light is peeking ..we start at 3:30pm--- till dark about 9:30 pm.. long days, even earlier, but not everyone is there at that time.

Jon has an open invitation to anyone who wants to fly on Wednesday's.  Think of it as an Adventure...  not such a bad idea ..depending on were you live... Flying is usually cheap.. Metro-Airport is very close to were we fly and Plymouth,Michigan.. Kite Store and Basement Kite-Cave.. Cool

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Alfredo

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:51 PM »

Awesome, Is that some kind of a special edition? I would love to go fly with you guys, but.............I live in Texas. Huh LOL.
Thanks a lot for you repy,
Alfredo.

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:51 AM »

Great video Joe...  I can't wait to start flying with you and the O'Gang again in the Spring!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 07:17 AM »

*Alfredo - yes the Spider Widowmaker was a special, if that's Jon's then that was a one off he won with at the AKA Grand Nationals in 2007(?), because it was so popular he did a special run of something like 10 of them. Very rare kite.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:51 AM »

Nice video joe. I remember a lot of those clips quite well.  Smiley
The pics of your PDSUL at the beginning are really nice too.

When is the first fly? I'm back for spring break sometime in april, hoping to get to see you all then...?

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 09:41 AM »

Cheesy  Mike is right about the kite...  That is the kite that won the design award...  It is beautiful work of art...  I didn't know ten were made.  I asked if I could get one made and there is a small chance one could special order it... maybe... You could kidnap Devin and hold him for ransom of the kite.  I thought about it...  Jon really likes Devin it might work... Actually thought about kidnaping Devin for his Blue Moon Kite...  Cheesy

Texas is How much on Southwest Airlines.  Cheaper than new kite... You fly in in Tuesday Night.... hang out all day Wednesday and asleep in your bed Wednesday zzzzzzz night...........  Your friends would never understand, your wife might leave you...  But while your flying none of this will matter.... An Adventure.  Kite festivals don't offer this much one on one help...  Texas round trip to Detroit.... Flying with the boys...Mastercard...Priceless.  Cool

st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 11:16 AM »

Hey  Guys    yes  that  is   a  Widow Maker   Spider       a  very  very  Rare   bird    I am lucky  to  own  #3  of   6    there   were    7 made total Jon's  plus   six    Grin

this    is   a  pic   a  borrowed  off  Mr. Fouts

Good air always Bobby
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 11:36 AM »

Yup, 6 total plus Jon's makes 7.  I have number 2. Smiley

vertigo2u

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 03:01 PM »

You guys own a beautiful piece of art.. I can only guess at the comments you receive.  I had it for three weeks and everyone wanted to see it.  Had no idea how many were made... I got to buy his Yellow and black widow maker.  Nothing like  this beauty...

No matter what you paid..sit down figure the amount of time to tie the bridle alone.  Next all the over lays and sewing... The assembly...  Has to be at least 1o -15 hrs... how much per hr.  did it cost Huh  Hand made built in the USA.  I am jealous... maybe I can sell my Widow Maker and talk him into selling me his... Don't suppose either of you is looking for a new Cadillac De Ville...  Cheesy

Alfredo

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 06:21 PM »

Now that is a very nice looking kite! This kite looks like a real joy to fly. Congrats. to anyone who owns one!
Thanks,
Alfredo.

Dave Gibson
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 03:13 PM »

Sweet vid,,

My kite bag

Widow maker  STD
Widow maker UL
Delta Drive  STD
INAK SUL
Trick and Track
Prisim quantum STD
Night Hawk
Ignighter
Levelone  TIVAR ,
levelone Thor's Hammer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document