GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 12:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swap Meet Widow Maker...  (Read 1775 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: January 19, 2011, 07:09 PM »

I wanted to thank Roadshadowww for selling me this great kite in the Swap. This is my second time out, second hour on the kite. The conditions were a little less than ideal, I fly at this inland location when the winds are too high at the beach. I don't know, 20mph+, 20 degrees, and more than a foot of snow at the beach... I'll take crazy inland winds any day !

Widow Maker in the Snow....

~Rob.

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 07:18 PM »

You got a heck of a kite there.
Nice video.  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:22 PM »

Hi Rob, nice flying! Congratulations on your purchase, you've got an awesome kite there.
Thanks for posting,
Alfredo.

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
whitey
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:33 PM »

Congrats on your new Widow Maker, Rob.

I like that red , black & white layout and remember when you bought it. Figured you'd be itchin to fly it. Thanks for posting the video.  Smiley
RobB

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 03:58 AM »

Thanks, guys... I'm really glad I finally got my hands on a WM, it is one heck of a kite. Can't wait to get it out in better conditions and get used to it.
~Rob.

Jimmer

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:20 PM »

Nice flying Rob...sweet Widow Maker in those colors, mine's yellow & black & white..  They fly real nice in the nice cold/lite winter air! Grin
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 12:28 PM »

Still lovin' my Widow Makers.  Fantastic kites.  Great video and excellent purchase - congrats and thanks for sharing.

st3307
Trade Count: (+29)

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 03:59 PM »

Only one thing better then WM  and that is 2 or 3  of them  lol  IMHO  Smiley  nice   vid   Rob   have  fun  GAA

Good air always Bobby
RobB

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:11 PM »

Thanks, guys... maybe I just missed the WM when it was all the buzz, but I'm happy I finally got one. Looking forward to the first time out in smooth winds with it... can't wait to see what it can do.

And I wish I jumped on that custom WM when it was in the swap ! Love those electric colors...

~Rob.

Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 05:40 PM »

Rob,

The WM loves to Wap do Wap, really one of the better kites at that trick. When I pull out the WM, it's the first thing I want to do. They look good and are very easy.

Tazes are cool, spin Axels, Axel Cascades, Slots are all nice too. Another neat thing with the WM is you can Axel it while it's powered up and just muscle it around. So say you are doing a ground sweep, Axel it hard with the bottom hand and continue on your way. Looks cool.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
RobB

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 06:23 PM »

Thanks, James... those are all tricks I'll be working on this year. And of course, polishing the ones I know. The WM seems like a nice, neutral platform to learn on. And it's a little bigger than what I'm used to flying, so it's easier to see what's going on...
~Rob.

mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 06:02 PM »

Standard WM loves to be power flown in 8 mph +, hammer that kite and pull back hard with two hands to exit with a pop & a roar, it will turn heads. Then go to the side & stall it and do the slowest, flatest, floatiest axel you've seen, a study in contrasts. Still loving my WM's.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography