GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 03:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Building my Ocius SUL  (Read 2731 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: January 26, 2011, 10:06 PM »

Wink
Well this project has finally ended.  It's late and I have been editing all night.  Jon did an excellent job of vocalizing the build and gave some not all tricks of the trade. ( I actually cut some of the tricks). 

As you can tell he was great in educating one about kite building.  I learned plenty.  One and only problem the video is LONG>>>   I cut it in two parts.  I could have hacked it up but I just let it be.  You all will judge it's length vs. quailty as you view it.

Part #1 and Part #2... btw I love the colors... 

Ocius SUL (pt.#1).wmv

Ocius SUL pt #2

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:27 PM »

I see Jon went with the optional wing pannel, instead of going under the middle panels.

My favorite! I like the extra decal, but opted to keep mine out of it cuse of the other models I have. That almost makes me want to get another one when the funds come, and frame it in 2pts or something.  Tongue

Nice vids. Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Dave Gibson
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:45 PM »

sweet vid's thanks for posting I like the new panel   very cool

My kite bag

Widow maker  STD
Widow maker UL
Delta Drive  STD
INAK SUL
Trick and Track
Prisim quantum STD
Night Hawk
Ignighter
Levelone  TIVAR ,
levelone Thor's Hammer
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 12:06 AM »

Thanks for putting this together, I really enjoyed it!  Smiley

6 kite tom
shannon23455

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 01:55 AM »

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 08:48 AM »

Thanks for the video Joe!
Nice build Jon.   I wish I could have been there with you guys!  We could have had a kite building party!  I know Dave would have stopped over too.
Jim
 Grin
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 09:05 AM »

Thanks Jimbo and Devin...  Cheesy .  I was hoping it wasn't too long except it was full of great info and I thought just cut it in two and post them... 
I had posted the video  " Way Too much time ".  I wasn't sure if others would like it.  Turns out many did enjoy the video.
 I then decided that length wasn't a problem it's content.  You and I have listen to Jon talk before,  he did a wonderful job of vocals on the video.

Hey Dev, I thought about what u said maybe another one Huh   Cheesy.  It actually isn't a bad Idea...  We got to get Jim and Uncle Dave into the new one's.  btw Uncle Dave bought another kite like mine... From GWTW ... The Delta Convey Aspen...  Cheesy... Jon revamped mine with lighter tubes...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
st3307
Trade Count: (+29)

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 09:37 AM »

Thanks   Joe      for  the   vid     it  is  top   notch  and    the   frist  real   veiw   I   got  into   the  kite   kave   one  day  I  will  have  to  make the  drive  up  and   sit  and    fly  with  you   guys   Smiley

Good air always Bobby
whitey
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 09:40 AM »

Thanks Joe, nice video.  Enjoyed seeing Jon going step by step on the Ocius.  That new Spectra core bridle line looks like great stuff. Grin
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 10:55 AM »

Ya Joe,
It's always nice to hangout in Jon's kite cave. The video made me feel like I was right back in Michigan Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 
Kathy and I watched the videos over breakfast this morning down here in Clearwater Beach,Fl.  After, I took off to the beach to fly my Nighthawk and your Symphony in 11-15 mph winds Grin Grin. Uncle Dave is going to be down in Florida in a couple of weeks.  I hope we can hook-up with him to do some flying.
st3307
Trade Count: (+29)

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09 AM »

Clearwater Beach,Fl.  After, I took off to the beach to fly my Nighthawk and your Symphony in 11-15 mph winds 

Ok Jimmer  just shut your face  Cry as I say this as I watch the snow pile up outside my front door   Grin Grin Cheesy  hope  your  enjoying  the  warm  and  the   wind   

Good air always Bobby
freecheese

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 02:49 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks.

Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 03:43 PM »

Yup, kite geek entertainment.

I must admit, I had a 'DOH! moment. I've framed dozens of kites and never thought to hang the sail from the ceiling. Very cool.

Allen, AKA kitehead
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 04:04 PM »

silicone spray might change my world...
stapp59
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 04:12 AM »

Nice video thanks!  Always something to learn...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography