GWTW Forum
December 22, 2014, 04:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tribord kites  (Read 3688 times)
kitecowboy
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 29, 2011, 03:24 PM »

Hello everyone, I saw a Cody on here today built by Tribord. I think they are out of the UK, I was wondering if they are still around and if anyone might have any info on them.

thanks, Paul
Hadge

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:32 PM »

Triboard kites are sold through the Decathlon sports store chain over here in the UK.  Mostly what I would class as fun/ beach kites- Ok, but nothing special to write home about.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 03:46 PM »

and a good amount if decathlon kites are made by New Tech....still not available in the states though...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
kitecowboy

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 06:33 PM »

Thats perfect looking for a small Cody for my 8 year old. He is big into Revolution so any monet i can save on other kites he likes is awesome.
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 07:33 PM »

there are members of this forum in the uk and all over Europe. you might be able to get one to purchase and ship one for you.
def look at the shipping costs. they could cost more than the kite does.
if you LOVE the color and design you might be better off trying to find a kite builder to build one fit you to your specifications...I have done this.....you will probably get a better quality kite too....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
kitecowboy

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 08:03 PM »

I guess thats the two word answer "Rick Brown"  I have one of his cowdys and it is an absolutle great flyer
rncembal
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 09:40 AM »

Tribord not made by New Tech but some at the same factory. There is another factory that makes kites for an astounding number of US distributed kites

Remember before buying on Amazon use this link to help Steve!
http://tinyurl.com/kkid20
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 11:21 PM »

The New Tech Cody's are fine kites though, available here in the States, and very reasonably priced. Contact Steve here at GWTW he may be able to get them still, we got ours from him. I'm fond of the larger version it's a good flying kite, good + build quality, good wind range. In fact about 90% of the Cody's flown for the yearly world record attempts at WSIKF are New Tech Cody's, the front row the picture linked below are the small versions and they are also a good kite, all the medium sized blue, black & white ones are the larger New Tech's.

http://wka-kiteflyers.org/fullsized_image.php?Dir=images/wsikf2009&File=39&width=885&height=800

oh that's me in the hat holding a blue one in the middle and Rhonda holding her smaller version to the right  Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:31 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
misterbleepy

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 01:44 AM »

I have one of the Triboard Cody kites - here's a link to the Decathlon UK web page for it:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/cody-wing-33265213/

I guess they sell them at the Decathlon stores in France too.
If you know someone in the UK or France who lives near a store, maybe they could post one to you.
I'd offer, but my nearest Decathlon store is nearly 300 miles away :-(

Keith B...   ...leep     bleep     bleep
kitecowboy

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 09:10 PM »

The New Tech Cody's are fine kites though, available here in the States, and very reasonably priced. Contact Steve here at GWTW he may be able to get them still, we got ours from him. I'm fond of the larger version it's a good flying kite, good + build quality, good wind range. In fact about 90% of the Cody's flown for the yearly world record attempts at WSIKF are New Tech Cody's, the front row the picture linked below are the small versions and they are also a good kite, all the medium sized blue, black & white ones are the larger New Tech's.

http://wka-kiteflyers.org/fullsized_image.php?Dir=images/wsikf2009&File=39&width=885&height=800

oh that's me in the hat holding a blue one in the middle and Rhonda holding her smaller version to the right  Cheesy

I've got one of the trezocks in that picture more towards the center. and last years shot also has our cowdy in it. so just looking for something for the little one to fly in next years fly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum