GWTW Forum
December 20, 2014, 08:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lookin' for a new kite  (Read 7564 times)
jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 02:50 PM »

If you're still focussing on the DS and you fly in lumpy winds, I'd recommend you go with the Talon.  It has a larger wind range than the DS and handles lumpy winds much better.

The Talon needs 5mph to fly easily at the bottom end but tricks readily up to 12mph.  The DS starts lower but becomes very fast above 8mph.

I have both kites and my view is that whilst Mark based the Talon on the DS's flying characteristics, it is a definite enhancement.

tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 04:23 PM »

It will not fit your price range, but you are welcome to try my Fearless the next time you are in the area.   Are you going to Lincoln City Kite Fest this year?

6 kite tom
DaveH
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 04:40 PM »

Thanks Tom.  Probably not Lincoln City.  I'll be in your area on and around Sept 10th. My schedule is a bit more packed than last year so I'm not sure if I'll have time to fly. Next time we meet up I'd really like to try it.  Thanks! Smiley
DaveH
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 06:28 PM »

Dave ... let me know if you'd like to borrow my DS for a while.

Steve,
thanks so much.  Very generous offer.  I'll let you know off line.

dave
imarche
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 06:48 PM »

With your stable of kites, I'd say go for a 4-liner! Get a Rev. So much different from what you have now and brings a new dimension of flying enjoyment.

DavidS
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 06:57 PM »

+1 on the Deep Space.  It was my favorite kite (but my girlfriend won't let me fly it any more, as she always grabs it first...)

-David

Prism roll up with BMK Exile x2, DS, DS UL, Widow x2, FC (signed) x4, Prism 4D, Prism 3D, Desire SUL x3, FC2, Premier Addiction (test flight kite for curious onlookers)  - not in the bag (for various reasons): Benson DS, Prism Stack, Widow, FC
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 09:35 PM »

With your stable of kites, I'd say go for a 4-liner! Get a Rev. So much different from what you have now and brings a new dimension of flying enjoyment.
DANGER! DON'T DO IT! OBSESSIVE! You'll have a bag of dulies at home crying to get out!

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
DaveH
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 06:05 AM »

I've got a Shockwave, Rev 1 and Rev ll.  They do see airtime, but not near as much as the dual line.  I've been looking at the B series and would like to have one at some point.  For me, however, the quads are for the occasional change of pace. 
fworley
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 06:33 AM »

I think red Deep Spaces look best Wink

Trick Kite Trick Freestyle

-Frazer
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 06:35 AM by fworley » Logged
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 09:51 AM »

Take Steve up on that DS trial. They're way fun but can be a little more frustrating in bumpy winds than some others. If watch that DS video you'll have to buy one.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
deepspace21
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 06:34 PM »

DEEP SPACE!!!!!!!! Grin
DaveH
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 07:57 AM »

I did watch the vid.  I have to buy one.   

Frazer, that Red with a bit of black looks great. 

Thanks for the fun, everyone.   I have to buy a DS.
fworley
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 08:22 AM »

I did watch the vid.  I have to buy one.   

Frazer, that Red with a bit of black looks great. 

Thanks for the fun, everyone.   I have to buy a DS.
Tell Tim I sent you, I'm on a commission basis ya know Wink

-Frazer
DaveH
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 08:46 PM »

Funny how easy it is to change one's mind.  I blame that stupid colourizer.  Too many cool schemes with black and a little white. Too fun and enticing to have a hand in its creation.  The Talon is winning out. 
anOldMan

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 10:33 PM »

Dave, It sure sounds like you are going to get both. Cheesy Cheesy Wink

aOm

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum