GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 01:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A long slow journey - worth the wait!  (Read 796 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« on: February 04, 2011, 12:22 PM »

I bought this '95 Sandpiper UL from Tim in England at the beginning of December, but we thought it was lost in shipping. Yesterday two things happened, the PayPal refund went through, and when I got home I found a tube from England leaning on my back door.

The kite is gorgeous, and a very light UL. 3P frame all around, light poly sail, even a plain spectra bridle. Picture doesn't do the colors justice. I don't know if I've seen some of these polys before.

Thanks Tim!

Allen

Allen, AKA kitehead
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:54 PM »

That is an excellent kite, although I've only flown the standard. Nice find Allen.

Wow, I miss those hangars in the background. And the guys too.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
oyehut1955
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 02:19 AM »

great colors..  i bet it is gorgeous in the sky..  so glad to hear it is not "lost" in the system..  what a waste that would have been!

"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string"

http://community.webshots.com/user/oyehut1955
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 03:47 AM »

Nice kite  Cool

I've got a full set and the UL really is the sweetest of them all; not at all like a modern pitchy kite but for fying the 'old' competition figures they work so well.

A Sandpiper UL on a summer evening is pure Aoxomoxoa

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document