GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 11:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vector Vs. Flying wings kite bag.  (Read 986 times)
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: February 05, 2011, 09:46 PM »

Hi all. I am looking at buying a Kite bag soon. I have heard good things about both of these bags, but which one would you personally recommend and why?
Thanks in advance,
Alfredo.

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:20 PM »

I much preferred the design of the Vector so I went with that one.  It's a great bag - very easy to zip open a bit and find the kite you want without getting sand into the bag.  I also like the ability to hang the bag from either end in order to store it in a small space.

I've never actually tried the other bag, I just went off pictures and searches for information

6 kite tom
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:41 PM »

both are great bags and you really couldn't go wrong with either, but like tom, i prefer the vector. the rainfly and backpackability™ of the flying wings bag are both things i envy though.

we fly frequently at night and i needed a bag i could more easily see after the sun went down so i wouldn't trip on it, and the white swoops on the vector really help. now i just trip on the other guys kite bags.

a wind of change has some photos up of the vector bag which do a good job of showing the pockets.

F¡deli°
Alfredo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 09:01 AM »

Thanks for all of your opinions. I was already leaning toward the Vector, but now it is for sure. I feel like the vector is a better value, too. I really don't mind that it does not come wth a rain coat. I don't fly in the rain, EVER. Smiley
Thanks again,
Alfredo.

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way. (Quote by - Charlie Dunton)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document