GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Moon Mamba  (Read 6191 times)
50flyer
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: February 08, 2011, 03:56 PM »

I received my new Mamba 2 weeks ago. This kite is fantastic. It's what I have been looking for in a kite for years. To me it is a smooth, balanced kite. No adjustments needed or weights. Roll up is quick and easy. It is sooo relaxing to fly this kite. Tricks are there if you want them. I can't say enough about how great this kite flies. To me this is the best kite I have ever had. For those that have never flown one, you are missing out on a great flying experiance.

I have bought and sold alot of kites. The Mamba will always be in my kite bag and never for sale.

Bob M.

art
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:25 PM »

Congrats on your purchase.  I own a Blue Moon Mantis and feel the same way, it's perfect.
stapp59
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 05:41 PM »

Yes indeed! I had one out just this afternoon. A very smooth flier and always a joy to fly.  It was my first boutique kite.  What a slippery slope that was  Roll Eyes
Curtis Bias

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 06:27 PM »

The Mamba is a very speacial kite for sure. One of my all time favorite designs. For lack of a better word, it feels very sophisticated but can very tricky if the pilot knows how to manage the lines properly. I love the size of the kite as well. It has a great presence in the sky. It is eye candy as well.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 08:04 PM »

The best sail pattern of all time. Put the right colors in the right places and it's easily one of the best looking production sport kites in history.

Nobody would care if it wasn't also a joy to fly. It's a great kite to fly with music. Very responsive and not too slow considering it's size. I miss mine.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:21 PM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
Gardner
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 10:50 PM »

Bob,

Did you get the "black" Mamba?  Mine is one of the first originals, No. 15.  I almost most always have that kite with me, or some other Kmac creation.  Those kites are hard to beat.

Gardner
50flyer
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 02:20 AM »

It's a Black Mamba.

BobM.
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 04:11 AM »

Living in the UK has always prevented me from getting a Blue Moon Kite, because of the extra shipping and customs costs involved. However, a new Mamba was offered on eBay, based in Ireland (i.e. no customs charges involved!). Won the bidding war and snapped it up for the equivalent of about $150 .... 

Should be in the post shortly!

Grin

stapp59
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 04:19 AM »

Living in the UK has always prevented me from getting a Blue Moon Kite, because of the extra shipping and customs costs involved. However, a new Mamba was offered on eBay, based in Ireland (i.e. no customs charges involved!). Won the bidding war and snapped it up for the equivalent of about $150 .... 

Should be in the post shortly!

Nice deal!  Looking forward to pics.
Flying Fish

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 04:20 AM »

Here's the pic of the kite as it appeared on eBay:

stapp59
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 04:25 AM »

One of the nicer spectrum layouts, a classic for sure.  I wonder how many of those colors Ken has made?  I have four myself  Huh Grin
Flying Fish

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 04:30 AM »

I have four myself

Yep, just saw the pictures in your picasa album! Nice set for sure!

kiteclique
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 03:28 PM »

And this is the lady in question

-Frazer
whitey
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 04:52 PM »

Nice ! ......very nice  Grin
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 07:37 AM »

One of the nicer spectrum layouts, a classic for sure.  I wonder how many of those colors Ken has made?  I have four myself  Huh Grin

I think we have a twin of that spectrum layout also, maybe some slight variations. How many years has Ken been producing the Mamba now? I remember Steve discussing one of his conversations with Ken and relating that it was the highest selling Blue Moon kite and he had a number produced then, that was around the time Ken was stopping the numbering. Many Blue Moon kites have come and gone since the Mamba but the Mamba marches on, probably good for another run with the refresh now unless Ken wears out the templates.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography