GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 12:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warmer trend in the NE  (Read 1097 times)
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: February 14, 2011, 05:18 AM »

We have about a foot of snow with a hard icey crust right now in NJ. (You can't really move your feet and not trip and get hurt in the process.) The forecast is between the mid 30s and low 50s for the next week or so. I've been chomping at the bit and watching Tim Benson's Trick or Treat video and dreaming about getting back out there. I enjoyed looking over John Chilese's photos of KTAI but it's just not enough. I'm really starting to jones for a nice lunch break at my local, warm astro turf soccer/football field after the snow melts off of it. Spring's coming, right?

Bob D.
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:22 AM »

Spring's coming, but if you are getting really impatient.... 

Well.... I have to ask, what's the dragon population in your area?!?

Snow Dragon Melting Snow in Bel Air

Huh  Huh  Huh

ATB,
Sam
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 06:54 AM »

We've just gone through our early February Indian Summer, the Almond tree's are all in bloom, the tree's in my front yard have done their first bloom and have been full of bee's for the last two weeks. Of course now it's time for the late February change, rain for the next two weeks or so, pretty nasty today. But yep, Spring is coming.

From a couple of years ago, a tip stand in an Almond tree
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:26 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 07:39 PM »

Mike,

What kite is that?

Skyburner TnT?

Stunning.

Wink
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:51 PM »

Home built, based off the Blue Moon Mamba profile at about 90% size using the old Skyshark Zero Golds IIRC. I used the Skyburner TNT winglet stand-off style against the sail rather then the Mamba's but the winglet's didn't end up well defined since I didn't notch the trailing edge tape when I sewed it. Graphics are a retro mod I had drawn up back in the mid 90's based off the old Top of the Line Team Chevrons.

Luckily I didn't put any holes in the kite doing that, winds were way above SUL range, I had power lines on the left side of that little country road and orchards on both sides. So it was straight down, snap left to level, combo snap to stall & slide nose up into the trees then it would rocket off. But I wanted a Springtime shot against the trees while they were in full bloom, going into the tree's was a little unintentional but I flew it out every time.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
TGunn
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 02:17 PM »

Here in North central Texas just a few days ago, we went from two weeks of heavy snow, and lows of -10, to a high of 80 F here today.

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 04:41 PM »

It's supposed to be 60 on Friday. The snow is almost gone on the soccer/football field by my work. I'm bringing a kite on Friday.

Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document